DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission exceeds restrictions

Reactions
Do everyone thank you for your help!!

Sure enjoying this Mavic world.

So I am trying to learn how to use the waypoint feature in the DJIGo and have managed to get it to record the waypoints a couple of times. 3-5 waypoints is what I am trying.

After I record the waypoints and try to print up the mission.

I get a couple of differing notes on the control screen.

First "distance to start point to great. Fly to start point." When i click OK it says "Mission uploading."
I believe I get this note when I am within a few feet of where I started the mission the first time hovering exactly over my landing pad same elevation.

Then "Mission exceeds restrictions" and it doesn't fly the mission.

I am not flying outside my height or distance restrictions and have not been able to find what the Mavic is referring to. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Try the new DJI GS Pro app. It's free and just released. It is a decent waypoint app made by DJI that doesn't require flying to the points to log them. You can plan the mission prior. I've been using for a a couple of weeks and it has worked flawlessly. I bought the Litchi app...like it too and it arguably has a more feature rich waypoint function but I've more missions with DJI GS and it is rock solid. You should punt on trying to do waypoint missions in DJI Go. There is a focus issue with GS, however. It just won't do it. My work around is to go to altitude in DJI Go and focus. Then open GS and run a mission. Voila!

Reactions: Panamera

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh