DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Planner Surveys to Litchi

Was there some other video you used to learn how to make the 3D Model in your post #12 above? That too is impressive!
Not really. Just reading over the tutorials on maps made easy dot com.
Free accounts are limited to what you can do.

Did a mission using my Air 2S today that only produced half the photos I thought I was going to get. Seems I screwed up someplace but I rendered the ones I had in 3DF Zephyr program anyways. It turned out pretty good actually.
This is a little mini mall they are building to house a pharmacy, dentist office and coffee shop. Should be ready in the spring.
Screenshot (89).png

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
I modify orginal script.
Allow to user script with arguments for process multiple files in batch. Save result to original file folder with original filename and csv extension.

I make pull request to original repository and make my own release.
You can simple drag .waypoints file to exe and that convert to Litchi mission. Result file placces in same folder.
Or you can use it in command line: mp_to_litchi.exe mission.waypoints

You can download it here:
Release mp_to_litchi · VladimirPobedinskiy/MissionPlanner-to-Litchi

If you want, you can install python and use python script.
If you want to compile your own exe file, then you need to install auto-py-to-exe:
Install python and run this in command line:
pip install auto-py-to-exe
You must run cmd as administrator to complete installation.
Next simple run auto-py-to-exe command and web-interface opened. You can select icon for your exe.

Hi everyone.
I modify orginal script.
Allow to user script with arguments for process multiple files in batch. Save result to original file folder with original filename and csv extension.

I make pull request to original repository and make my own release.
You can simple drag .waypoints file to exe and that convert to Litchi mission. Result file placces in same folder.
Or you can use it in command line: mp_to_litchi.exe mission.waypoints

You can download it here:
Release mp_to_litchi · VladimirPobedinskiy/MissionPlanner-to-Litchi

If you want, you can install python and use python script.
If you want to compile your own exe file, then you need to install auto-py-to-exe:
Install python and run this in command line:
pip install auto-py-to-exe
You must run cmd as administrator to complete installation.
Next simple run auto-py-to-exe command and web-interface opened. You can select icon for your exe.
Interesting! I might compile it as an EXE and include it in my release too, on Github. I wanted to update this script for a pretty long time now, and eventually add GUI to it, probably with Kivy, so that will be an update, but for now I will also give the option to use the command line with the script.

Reactions: cin
I just gave the converter a try and got it into Litchi, but if I'm understanding this correctly, while it is setting an interval distance for every mapping leg, there isn't an action set to "Take Photo". Am I missing something?

Reactions: brunoaduarte
I just gave the converter a try and got it into Litchi, but if I'm understanding this correctly, while it is setting an interval distance for every mapping leg, there isn't an action set to "Take Photo". Am I missing something?
For each waypoint there is an action setting where you can take a photo, start or stop recording, etc.

From my limited experience in Mission Planner it defaults to take photos and no other action is required by the end user at least in the ones I have done.

Follow the instructions on Github.

1. In the Camera Config Tab, Set your camera settings, make sure the FOV values are correct after inputing all camera settings. You can save your camera preset by using the Save button. Also make sure the CAM_TRIGG_DIST is selected!

Follow the instructions on Github.

1. In the Camera Config Tab, Set your camera settings, make sure the FOV values are correct after inputing all camera settings. You can save your camera preset by using the Save button. Also make sure the CAM_TRIGG_DIST is selected!
Yes, I've done exactly this. After importing it into flylitchi.com, there is no action for any of the waypoints though.

Reactions: brunoaduarte
From my limited experience in Mission Planner it defaults to take photos and no other action is required by the end user at least in the ones I have done.
Are you talking about the Mission Planner or Litchi Hub?

Are you saying if there isn't an action set in the Litchi Hub, it defaults to taking photos?

I am talking about Mission Planner. Litchi hub is just a transfer hub if you like to store your missions once converted to a litchi format. All commands are done in Mission Planner.
Only thing I needed to do was make sure auto start for video in Litchi was off and it took all the photos without me having to set anything in Litchi hub.

Reactions: Yaros
Hey, all is right! You can see that the photo triggers are based on distance!
Every 31.5 ft it will take a photo (I can see that in the screenshot)

Are you talking about the Mission Planner or Litchi Hub?

Are you saying if there isn't an action set in the Litchi Hub, it defaults to taking photos?
You don't need to set anything additionally in Litchi except what is explained in my README file in GitHub

I get this error, i tried putting both (the .exe and .waypoints) on desktop and does not work at all, i tried several times on several locations always running as administrator, on this screenshot the exe was on c:\MP TESTS AIR2S\ folder and it was trying to write the output on a desktop folder.

1656717435566.png

I get this error, i tried putting both (the .exe and .waypoints) on desktop and does not work at all, i tried several times on several locations always running as administrator, on this screenshot the exe was on c:\MP TESTS AIR2S\ folder and it was trying to write the output on a desktop folder.
Okay, then it might be because of something related to the version of Windows you're running (from the screenshots I assume it's Windows 8), this script was designed to be used with Windows 10 and above.

I changed and recompiled the script, so it saves the converted file to the same location where the original .waypoints file is located.
Check it out and tell me if you have any success with it!
Also, I recommend to disable Avast while running this script, as it is not digitally signed and avast may think it is malware and send it to scanning, disabling read/write rights meanwhile.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J