DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

Reactions
Updated the firmware before I went out for flight today. I noticed some strong magnetic interference so I backed away from my truck and phone and was able to calibrated the compass on my Mavic without a problem. I noticed on the screen during the flight that the image wasn't clear and was choppy and thought this was due to poor signal. Landed, went home, and inserted the SD card in my PC. The entire video was out of focus. I then download the logs from the dji go app through iTunes using AirData UAV . What I found was the warning message was repeated numerous times in the log. I looked at the signal chart and it was all over the map. Here is my flight log:

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I then went home and took another flight. No issues, clear signal, image on the Ipad was clear, video was clear, and no warning messages.

Did my signal interference cause my video to get out of focus on the first flight ?

Appreciate any insight !

After this last upgrade, I am periodically getting the "mobile cpu loaded" messages. I have never seen those messages before, have you?

Odd, I have flown maybe a dozen battery's through mine since doing
the update and have had no issue's at all . Flew 3 times this morning
same place as always no warnings then on the last battery on the RTH trip back that same warning popped up . First time I have ever seen it .
Screen did freeze up and back the rest of the trip back but I have not looked at the footage yet but will soon .

Also the first battery I started with after I powered up and cut on the app had the inconsistent firmware warning like when you do it battery up upgrade so I did it but the rest where fine.
Thought that odd also.

Downgrade to DJI Go 4.0.8 and you'll be good to go. There are posts on this forum that instruct how to downgrade the application if you're on an Apple device. On Android, downgrading is easy. Just get the lower version application APK file.

I've been using the latest app since it came out and has been fine. Never seen this warning ever. I'm not sure why it acted today like that. I don't think it's the app. Might be but why all of a sudden and now someone else has seen it. Unless I've missed it this is the first I've read about it.

Downgrade to DJI Go 4.0.8 and you'll be good to go. There are posts on this forum that instruct how to downgrade the application if you're on an Apple device. On Android, downgrading is easy. Just get the lower version application APK file.
Thank you. One question - why didn't I have problems on my second flight today ?

Thank you. One question - why didn't I have problems on my second flight today ?
I also saw this issue intermittently. Can't really explain why it occurred. I didn't upgrade my firmware, only the application. No issues after downgrading app.

Just looked at the video from the Go cache and you can see in the video where the screen was freezing up but just now just now checked from the card and is in focus and looks fine . Not sure why yours was out of focus Bill but I was ok .
I had like I said been flying and was on the 4th battery and was coming back from a run and is hot here so I just figured it was that till I saw your post . That and never seeing that warning before . Will fly again in the morning and see if it happens again before I do anything else .

Reactions: Jaysjob
I have seen this warning on virtually every flight since doing the upgrade.

warnings:Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

The only performance issue I've seen is it seems to be slow in sport mode.

I have a 128gb iPad mini 2 wifi only that I bought specifically for my mavic. I don't have many other app on it as I have an iPad Air 2 as well.
It worked for a little while... but after these most resent firmware update it struggles... after a few minutes of flying I get some serious lag in the video. I turned off video caching and that made most of the lag go away... still see a few blip once and a while.. but when I few on the 4th I got a mobile CPU resource warning..... so now both iPads are up for sale and I plan to get a Mini 4....

View media item 996

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
I have a Ipad mini 4 and never had problems in flight.
Today this warning appeared, and it seems to me referring to the video caching.

What was the ambient temperature. Seems to be related. Since it has cooled down I have not had problems.

I haven't upgraded my firmware but I experienced this for the first time the other day, BUT it was 37 degrees Celsius and my phone had been sitting in the car - I read this as a phone overheating issue and not related to the MP or the app. I also accidentally hit the flashlight button in IOS a minute after I landed and was jitting around with my phone, and I got an IOS error telling me that the led wouldn't illuminate until the phone had cooled.

I think the error message refers to performance associated with the mobile device, not the aircraft performance.

I really think it is ios11!! after i updated to it i get it a lot using ipad mini3 so i only run minimal apps now and only one at a time.. seems to be working i will will downgrade ipad as soon as i can and the app as well.

Reactions: cyrocasabona
It is directly related to ambient temperature. If it is warm.. you potentially will have this issue. If you keep the device cool you are far less likely to have the issue. It is that simple. It is unrelated the the aircraft. So if you have a mini 2 and it gets warm you will have the equivalent of a 1920 flip movie for downlink. If you have a 4 and get the warning you likely won't have to much of an issue because you have more computing power. I had the problem regularly when it was warm. Now that it is cooled I have no problems. It's not a cable it is directly related to temperature. If the device gets warm bad juju follows.

you can it's on youtube gotta get the right itunes and follow the links to get the app ver you need..

It is directly related to ambient temperature. If it is warm.. you potentially will have this issue. If you keep the device cool you are far less likely to have the issue. It is that simple. It is unrelated the the aircraft. So if you have a mini 2 and it gets warm you will have the equivalent of a 1920 flip movie for downlink. If you have a 4 and get the warning you likely won't have to much of an issue because you have more computing power. I had the problem regularly when it was warm. Now that it is cooled I have no problems. It's not a cable it is directly related to temperature. If the device gets warm bad juju follows.

I have a mini 4 and every now and then I get the message

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000