DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

( MOD REMOVED )

Status
Not open for further replies.

paturnpike

Reactions
Hi. I am writing because I have been flying my DJI Phantoms and Mavic at my location for years now SAFELY and RESPONSIBLY and I am about 3 1/2 miles from a little county airport and today I went out to record my Christmas lights with my spark and I got the message cannot takeoff. So now basically my thousands of dollars of equipment is useless unless I go to *******Egypt to fly and I cannot even take off in my house either. Thanks a lot FAA for ruining a hobby! Guess I will have to go back to smoking weed or something you silly ( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
Being 3 1/2 miles from "a little county airport" shouldn't cause the motors to not start. What airport is it so we can look up what's going on on DJI's GEO map?

And your drones are only "useless" if the only place you want to fly them is in your yard. Hopefully you get out more than that.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Being 3 1/2 miles from "a little county airport" shouldn't cause the motors to not start. What airport is it so we can look up what's going on on DJI's GEO map?

And your drones are only "useless" if the only place you want to fly them is in your yard. Hopefully you get out more than that.
Maybe he has 100 acres that back up to a lake, along a stream at the base of a mountain?

Reactions: Vegasdad
Maybe he has 100 acres that back up to a lake, along a stream at the base of a mountain?

No. I live outside Pittsburgh Pa. a POPULATED area. Mckeesport to be exact. Look it up if your town have a library or cell service!

Allegheny airport outside Pittsburgh Pa. I’m on the edge of Mckeesport and never had a geo problem taking off until now.

I don’t travel much and when I do it usually not to fly because I have a task to complete. Although I do try sometimes but my work schedule and lack of transportation at this time hinders me.

Are you seeing a blue band in the map extending from the airport runway?
Blue areas are special NFZ zones but not restricted. You can unlock them. When you try to start your AC, you should get a prompt if you want to unlock. You do need internet to do so. I believe you can unlock ahead of time from flysafe.dji.com.

No. I live outside Pittsburgh Pa. a POPULATED area. Mckeesport to be exact. Look it up if your town have a library or cell service!
We have both AND indoor plumbing.

Are you seeing a blue band in the map extending from the airport runway?
Blue areas are special NFZ zones but not restricted. You can unlock them. When you try to start your AC, you should get a prompt if you want to unlock. You do need internet to do so. I believe you can unlock ahead of time from flysafe.dji.com.

Yes and I’m at the edge of it and if I try to unlock it, it asks for my email address and phone number and to me that’s just a bit personal just to fly my drones.

this sucks man, i feel for you ..and i agree ( Mod Removed ) THE FAA ... when the first drone incident was shown on news, i new that our hobby would never be the same..the next year AMA said that i need to register all of my RC helicopters because they were over 35 pounds dry... i too felt it was ********and chose instead to let my models sit and rot before i paid a **** thing to the FAA or gave anyone my personal info or registered my rc models...a short time after that they changed it again and said we dont need to register our models.... ********* caused by idiots who dont care who they screw over in their pursuit of stupidity...unfortunately we will all be judged by the actions of the ********* out there and we will be the only ones who are hurt by the ******** rules. i had the same problem you had. i was super pissed off..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's how it works. They need to validate you are human. I agree not to use CC for validation, particularly in the field over the internet.
I was surprised they didn't lock the cell number to one on file, which is usually how two factor authentication works.

But you did use your email address to activate so you might exclude that from your privacy concerns.

Reactions: dawgpilot
this sucks man, i feel for you ..and i agree ( Mod Removed ) THE FAA ... when the first drone incident was shown on news, i new that our hobby would never be the same..the next year AMA said that i need to register all of my RC helicopters because they were over 35 pounds dry... i too felt it was ******** and chose instead to let my models sit and rot before i paid a **** thing to the FAA or gave anyone my personal info or registered my rc models...a short time after that they changed it again and said we dont need to register our models.... ********* caused by idiots who dont care who they screw over in their pursuit of stupidity...unfortunately we will all be judged by the actions of the ******** out there and we will be the only ones who are hurt by the ******** rules. i had the same problem you had. i was super pissed off..
Don't lie, you and paturnpike are twin brothers?

Don't lie, you and paturnpike are twin brothers?

I agree and they would be pissed if we Took a legal, enjoyable, and safe (if you’re responsible like I am) hobby and dropped it and went out and brought drugs and sold it to their little rich kids just for fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos