DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Headaches...

Starfire3D

Reactions
DJI Assistant wont connect with my Mavic 2 Zoom of the Mavic Zoom Remote..OR DJ Flight Sim No error message ..nothing

Unplug USB , Plug in, Windows goes bee-deep.. but no driver load or anything
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

with the no camera pic on the phone and now this i getting sorry I spent NZ$2500 on this

Last edited:
A more complete story might help you get some suggestions.
How were you connected to the computer and using what ports, what was connected to the computer, etc

If you have access to an Apple computer or a computer with a different OS you could try that

DJI Assistant wont connect with my Mavic 2 Zoom of the Mavic Zoom Remote..No error message ..nothing

View attachment 72437

with the no camera pic on the phone and now this i getting sorry I spent NZ$2500 on this
I’m not sure if it will work on Windows 7 but you can look for an Android driver to see if that works

You can find the drivers in "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\Drivers" folder if you would like to try and manually install them.

DJI Assistant wont connect with my Mavic 2 Zoom of the Mavic Zoom Remote..No error message ..nothing

View attachment 72437

Here I found this:

To install the Android USB driver on Windows 7 for the first time, do the following:

1. Connect your Android device to your computer's USB port.
  2. Right-click on Computer from your desktop or Windows Explorer, and select Manage.
  3. Select Devices in the left pane.
  4. Locate and expand Other device in the right pane.
  5. Right-click the device name (such as Nexus S) and select Update Driver Software. This will launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
  6. Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Next.
  7. Click Browse and locate the USB driver folder. (The Google USB Driver is located in android_sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\.)
  8. Click Next to install the driver.

A more complete story might help you get some suggestions.
How were you connected to the computer and using what ports, what was connected to the computer, etc

If you have access to an Apple computer or a computer with a different OS you could try that
Any details?

win 7, on startup, viciously tap f8, scroll down to disable driver support, it should restart, if not tell it to. DJI and their stupid nonsigned drivers, let me know if this works...

Disabled Signed permanently..both in system and at boot time (F8)
Didn't work, drivers no where to be found

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\Drivers\Drivers_Other\DriverSetup32.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\Drivers\Drivers_Oth
er>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a ".\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : dji_vcom_driver11.inf
Failed to install the driver on any of the devices on the system : No more data
is available.

Total attempted: 1
Number successfully imported: 0

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\Drivers\Drivers_Oth
er>REG DELETE "HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Serialcomm" /v Winachsf0 /f
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

er>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a ".\Vision\Vision_(Interface_3).inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : Vision_(Interface_3).inf
Failed to install the driver on any of the devices on the system : No more data
is available.

please reboot your system!

64-Bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\Drivers\Drivers_Other\DriverSetup64.bat

er>C:\Windows\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
The system cannot find the path specified.

er>REG DELETE "HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Serialcomm" /v Winachsf0 /f

er>C:\Windows\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\Vision\Vision_(Interface_3).inf"
The system cannot find the path specified.

Last edited:
it might just be easier to upgrade your box/laptop from Win7 to Win10 - assuming since you're on Ultimate you'll want the Pro edition and that'll cost you $199, otherwise home edition is $119 and i don't think you'll miss what's in Pro most likely.

i don't want to be THAT GUY but you're running an decade old OS that Microsoft has communicated many times will be out of support Q1 2020. There were many opportunities to upgrade and for free at that, since you'll have to do it in the next 6 months, no better time than the present!

it's not a matter that you spent $2500, it's a matter of you didn't stay current on your tech and it's not unreasonable for a company to move away from OS support when the developer has stated many times in the last 18 months 2019 is the end of support year so this isn't a DJI thing.

it might just be easier to upgrade your box/laptop from Win7 to Win10 - assuming since you're on Ultimate you'll want the Pro edition and that'll cost you $199, otherwise home edition is $119 and i don't think you'll miss what's in Pro most likely.

i don't want to be THAT GUY but you're running an decade old OS that Microsoft has communicated many times will be out of support Q1 2020. There were many opportunities to upgrade and for free at that, since you'll have to do it in the next 6 months, no better time than the present!

it's not a matter that you spent $2500, it's a matter of you didn't stay current on your tech and it's not unreasonable for a company to move away from OS support when the developer has stated many times in the last 18 months 2019 is the end of support year so this isn't a DJI thing.

I concur. I didn’t want to be that guy either but I was thinking it

Well, since then I have a spanking new Windows 10 64-bit Professional Installed..(more money down the tube) , DJI Assistant 2 works fine and DJI Flight Simulator still cant see the Mavic 2 RC...I surely am not going to pay them $1500 for the full version if they cant help getting the Trial running..

From the driver installation on a newly installed and updated Windows 10 64-bit
Teh 64-bit drivers dont work at all, the DJI FS installs the 32 bit

C:\Windows\system32>echo DriversV1\Drivers_Win10_x86
DriversV1\Drivers_Win10_x86

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\VCOM_OLD\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

----> Failed to install the driver : No more data is available.

C:\Windows\system32>REG DELETE "HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Serialcomm" /v Winachsf0 /f

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\Vision\vision_x86\Vision_(Interface_3).inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Successfully installed the driver.
Driver package added successfully.
Published name : oem20.inf

Number successfully imported: 1

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\winusb\x86\winusb.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : winusb.inf
Published name : oem18.inf

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\STM_VCOM\stmcdc.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : stmcdc.inf
Published name : oem19.inf

you
Well, since then I have a spanking new Windows 10 64-bit Professional Installed..(more money down the tube) , DJI Assistant 2 works fine and DJI Flight Simulator still cant see the Mavic 2 RC...I surely am not going to pay them $1500 for the full version if they cant help getting the Trial running..

From the driver installation on a newly installed and updated Windows 10 64-bit
Teh 64-bit drivers dont work at all, the DJI FS installs the 32 bit

C:\Windows\system32>echo DriversV1\Drivers_Win10_x86
DriversV1\Drivers_Win10_x86

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\VCOM_OLD\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

----> Failed to install the driver : No more data is available.

C:\Windows\system32>REG DELETE "HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Serialcomm" /v Winachsf0 /f

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\Vision\vision_x86\Vision_(Interface_3).inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Published name : oem20.inf

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\winusb\x86\winusb.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : winusb.inf
Published name : oem18.inf

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\pnputil -i -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10\STM_VCOM\stmcdc.inf"
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : stmcdc.inf
Published name : oem19.inf

OK, i just downloaded the software - the manual says "Win10 required" so that might have been your original problem. i would hardly call upgrading to a current OS money down the tubes but i get it, you're frustrated.

I don't have any experience with the flight sim function (really never understood the reasoning behind it) but if it's not recognizing your M2 controller are you using the cable that came with the M2 and is it in a usb 2.0 port? i know some have said 3.0 works but just sticking with the 'best case scenario'.

I just installed it and got the "do you trust this source?" prompt at the driver load and if i click no i get your experience above; NOTE: if you click 'no' once it won't trust it going forward through multiple installs. interestingly enough every time i try to install it now skips that "do you trust prompt" and i get the same experience you have above.

Just installed on my gaming PC (different machine), clicked trust when that prompt happened and i'm now in the program and the driver installed, so we just need to figure out how to get the trust prompt back on your machine and have you click yes.

Just curious: what would be the value of this? flying on a rainy day? practice? the graphics are meh and nothing replaces the real thing in my mind + $1500? that's an emphatic 'no' in my mind...

I clicked trusted (Yes) when it installed and didn't work. The cable is fine, connects fine with assistant 2.

Yes, practice maneuvering without fear of damage. The DJI Flight Sim is supposed to be exactly how the craft will react to the control , funny the VCOM driver in the Assistant 2 works but the VCOM_OLD driver the FS loads errors, I have tried changing it to no avail

I clicked trusted (Yes) when it installed and didn't work. The cable is fine, connects fine with assistant 2.

Yes, practice maneuvering without fear of damage. The DJI Flight Sim is supposed to be exactly how the craft will react to the control , funny the VCOM driver in the Assistant 2 works but the VCOM_OLD driver the FS loads errors, I have tried changing it to no avail

Well i'm not sure where to go now, we've exhausted all troubleshooting steps I can determine. on the one machine I clicked 'no' on the trust prompt I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled it first time, clicking 'yes' on the prompt this time. so i have have 2 machines running the software.

I successfully did a flight with both my Smart Controller and the standard M2 RC - whats interesting in my experience:
1. the SC i could plug in at anytime whilst the software was running and it worked.
2. the standard RC in order for it to work i had to plug it in prior to authenticating into the software, then it worked. NOTE: the LCD screen on the RC continued to flash "Connecting" but it was functional.

anyway, other than you might have some administrative setting preventing the install the only other thing i can think of is my two successes were on native/net new install Win10 machines (not upgraded from another OS version) and if you upgraded your Win7 and didn't do a clean uninstall of the original attempt it's possible some residual legacy driver is preventing the driver from installing properly.

My wife's laptop might be a Win7 upgraded to Win10 and i could try that but even then i would have your exact environment with the attempted install on Win7 prior to upgrade.

The install was on a actual install of Win 10 Professional with a format of the hard drive. Thanks for the advice , it seems the tech I am talking at DJI by email doesn't have a clue either. I will just keep tearing my hair out here, but DJI will not be getting US$1500 from me for the full version of DJI FS
Cheers

After all this crap someone at DJI Support that the DJI Flight Simulator does not support the Mavic 2 Remote Control....You would think the multiple admins in that forum would know this...
But the person above said it worked... so WHO KNOWS!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman