DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More on Altitude issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please man,
I’m saying the Mavic cannot read correct altitude ever once you fly below take off point!
Period. Do you understand what I am saying?
I don’t care how it gets to the OSD. It’s WAY OFF AND TOTALLY UNRELIABLE!

“None”of the DJI Drones below Enterprise Level have ACCURATE ALTITUDE READINGS IF YOU FLY BELOW THEN BACK ABOVE TAKE OFF POINT!

101 DJI drones owned.

None of them ever read correctly
I think everyone understands exactly what you are saying, but you are still incorrect.

Please man,
I’m saying the Mavic cannot read correct altitude ever once you fly below take off point!
Period. Do you understand what I am saying?
I don’t care how it gets to the OSD. It’s WAY OFF AND TOTALLY UNRELIABLE!

“None”of the DJI Drones below Enterprise Level have ACCURATE ALTITUDE READINGS IF YOU FLY BELOW THEN BACK ABOVE TAKE OFF POINT!

101 DJI drones owned.

None of them ever read correctly
Not buying your statement at all.

Ok

Sounds like a DJI Boy just flat deny.

Have you ever tried it?

Based on your obvious position you will just deny it anyway.

Like I said before I’ve owned and flow over 100 DJI drones of my own personal money.

I’ve got 35 registered at DJI right now as I type.

I also have 2 Cine combos and a air 2s with RC Pro controllers.

Do you?

Last edited:
Ok

Have you ever tried it?
It might help if you give some details rather than just saying that the indicated height is all screwed up.

If you are seeing differences of just a few metres, that's completely normal and the nature of things when altitude is measured with a barometric sensor.
And flying to a negative height makes absolutely no difference.
It doesn't screw anything up.

Last edited:
I think everyone understands exactly what you are saying, but you are still incorrect.
You need to try it. It’s how I fly most of my missions. Fan boy I understand. You don’t want to loose your position with DJI so sucking up is required.

Last edited:
You need to try it.
I live in the mountains, and I frequently fly below takeoff elevation.
It’s how I fly lmost of my missions.
I'm starting to think a lot of your posts are pure fantasy, but go ahead and post some log files showing this behavior if you want to be taken seriously.
Fan boy I understand.
No - I think you understand very little, especially when the temper tantrums kick in.
You don’t want to loose your position with DJI so sucking up is required.
It's "lose" not "loose".

• Haha
Reactions: db4476
Until you actually test you are speculating man!

Sorry I’m acting annoyed but DJI protectionism blows one’s cover.

I will gladly challenge you to a $1000 bet that it will happen even on your DJI drone.

Are you up for putting your money where your mouth is?

You need to try it. It’s how I fly lmost of my missions. Fan boy I understand. You don’t want to loose your position with DJI so sucking up is required.
He has no position with DJI and he has tried it and everything else possible.

You're not the only person to have flown lower than launch point .... it's something that many flyers do without any negative effects.
How about giving some specific details about what you've observed?

I will gladly challenge you to a $1000 bet that it will happen even on your DJI drone.

You are the one making the assertions - post some log files. As I said, I frequently fly below takeoff elevation and I don't see this with any of the drones I use, DJI or other makes.

Your suggestion of "DJI protectionism" is as uninformed as your ideas about altitude.

Such a wordsmith you are.

I don’t have time or desire to prove toy drone data. I just gave my quick feedback as to my experience.

Denying my statements doesn’t change reality.

Nor does a neat and tidy narrative.

Or groupthink.

Truth is truth.

I don’t have time or desire to prove toy drone data. I just gave my quick feedback as to my experience.

Your statements (completely lacking detail), go against the reality experienced by all other flyers.
Unless you give details, it looks like you are trolling and should be ignored.

Such a wordsmith you are.
You mean unlike you I can spell?
I don’t have time or desire to prove toy drone data.
Of course you don't - it would demonstrate that you are wrong. And why do you own so many toys?
I just gave my quick feedback as to my experience.
No - you made some incorrect assertions and then resorted to name calling when you were challenged.
No one is denying your statements - just pointing out that they are incorrect.
Nor does a neat and tidy narrative.
Or groupthink.
Truth is truth.
That's an impressive tally of clichés.

I feel like I’m back in China.
Than maybe that is where you belong and not in our forum.
Any more argumentative or derogatory post will be deleted as well
as you. Hope I am perfectly clear. Enough is enough.
dc.
6B4E9B92-3D57-4925-AD20-CE8F9CCBC6E7.gif

I just flew my A2s w/rc pro. Yep totally off. Here are take off and landing. Look at the altitude at landing. I’m 3.5’ or so up and it is reading - altitude.
So you are seeing a difference of of just a few feet.
As has been explained to already, that's completely normal and expected when using a barometric sensor to measure altitude.
But it is not a problem and makes no difference when flying.

It gets worse trust me. None of the settings including return to home and APAS know it’s changed.
And if you are searching at low level it’s very unnerving to flat out know it’s wrong.

It gets worse trust me. None of the settings including return to home and APAS and if you are searching at low level it’s very unnerving to flat out know it’s wrong.
I trust actual data, but someone who doesn't provide data or even explain what they think might be a problem ... that's a different matter.

What you've shown so far isn't a problem, it's a misunderstanding of the equipment and it's limitations + an exaggeration of the implications.

Reactions: db4476
One word "perspective"

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members