DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most desirable new feature

Anther factor is the very small minority who continually exceed the bounds of common sense and regulatory lines.
Sorry, Dart .... I don't believe we are a small minority ... the small minority are those who claim they can see a mini in the air 400 metres away ...

How about rotating the wheel axis 90 degrees, so that the gimbal follows the wheel rotation (hope my meaning is clear; I see it in my mind, but don’t know how to describe better)
Best thing to do is allow the option to move gimbal tilt to the opposite side thumbwheel. Currently, three motions (altitude, azimuth and gimbal tilt) are all controlled with the same few fingers on the same hand. It's a very common flight requirement. That's VERY difficult to do, very easy to fix.

I would love to know what features advanced (any drone ability level) drone enthusiasts are looking forward to on the next big drone leap forward? For me, I would love to see DJi adopt the hot swap batteries. Sound crazy? Tell me what you think.
Nothing new here,

DJI added this feature in the Inspire II way back in November 2016

Reactions: minipilotmda
The ability to take still photos without having to leave video mode while shooting video.
Video is better to catch things, but I think stills can be extracted from video with a little effort. Not quite the stills you want everytime however.

Reactions: Jug's Life
A FlySafe system that actually works with LAANC and DroneZone. Get your clearance from LAANC/DroneZone and have no need to get clearance from DJI nannyware.
Not true! Sorry to say I recently received clearance from LAANC to fly in an area close to an airport and when trying to take off was locked down by DJI. Researched when back at the office and had to unlock online at DJI. Worked fine after that.

I would like to have a better exposure bracketing mode with more exposures per shot or with configurable exposure steps instead of the fixed 0.7EV. I am often limited by the lack of this and have to take several bracket shots sequentially with the risk of drift / parallax error in order to be able to calculate my optimal HDR photo.

All great suggestions DJI implements (or in the process of) in their commercial products. They will probably be inclined to keep it that way although the on board strobes is an easy to implement measure we might see. I'd like to see a lot of what was found in the GO app return to FLY (maybe a FLY+ app) that would address waypoints OR in lieu of this something that allows access in the SDK to eliminate virtual stick missions in 3rd party software.

Reactions: Jug's Life
Not true! Sorry to say I recently received clearance from LAANC to fly in an area close to an airport and when trying to take off was locked down by DJI. Researched when back at the office and had to unlock online at DJI. Worked fine after that.
That was my point in the wish list. A FlySafe that truly meshes seamlessly with LAANC/DroneZone. Heavy emphasis on ‘Wish List’. I am well aware of the hoops that pilots have to jump through with FlySafe.

FlySafe is a decent system for new inexperienced drone pilots, but is a true pain for those in the US that have to endure its inaccuracies with the US NAS system.

FlySafe is a decent system for new inexperienced drone pilots, but is a true pain for those in the US that have to endure its inaccuracies with the US NAS system.
As a new pilot I use DJIs fly safe map just for convenience and quick reference. I like the bowtie altitude zones over all runways so I am aware of the approach paths. But I use the FAA UAS facility map as primary.

* a camera with a 1 inch sensor and at least a 10X optical zoom

* an accurate laser range-finder on the bottom of the drone to measure distance to the ground. No more guessing

* a wife that won't complain about how much money I'm spending on drones

* an accurate laser range-finder on the bottom of the drone to measure distance to the ground. No more guessing
That's on my Wishlist also. I fly in a hilly area, with a couple hundred feet of terrain change. And I spend too much time making sure I'm not too close to the ground. Would love a true "height above ground" indicator.

* a camera with a 1 inch sensor and at least a 10X optical zoom

* a wife that won't complain about how much money I'm spending on drones
Can't help with the third item.

I think all drones released in the US should have an FAA compliant strobe, turned off/on with controller. Further, I would like to have a strobe on the bottom of equal intensity, so that I can see the drone, along with pilots above me. As it is, it’s a lot of extra bulk to fly at night, not to mention the extra time involved with rigging/de-rigging. I expect to see this, but not before current non-strobe stock is sold off.

The ability to take still photos without having to leave video mode while shooting video.

it's a little bit of effort in post-processing, but you can capture a snapshot of the video, at any point in time (frame) with VLC media player. If you want lossless quality you can snap in .png format. I do that all the time for slideshows. Full 4K images; around 32MB

SkipTheDelivery App - let the drone go get the food, skip all delivery apps this way.

More gimbal control - the mastershots have total gimbal control, but not us humans.

Different colors/skins - pick your color and it comes delivered in, you guessed it, your picked color

Homepoint favorites - sounds wild but for certain cases it might be handy to have designated home points instead of just the one

Dolly Zoom One Button - name says it all

Tweak settings via DJI Assistant App - this might be available but I haven't found it, would be useful for the multiple modes, and then even a simulator to show you the speed of what you are tweaking

Super Steady Mode - some way of focusing the chip power onto a more stable mode

Easily Locked Directions/Cruise Control - for all models, yes Mavic Big Boys have it and others

Magnetic landing pad feature - for those windy days

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54