DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor current error

zzxrox

Reactions
So i got some new Master Airscrew props for my Mavic Air and while testing it out in front of my house i got a motor current error a couple of times during the flight. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sweet. Didn't even think about that. I thought I was trippin'. I appreciate the help and I'll give it go in the morning.

Props are wider and longer and require less rotational force (RPM of props) to adjust side to side and move forward backward. As a result spinning them at what the Mavic Air thinks is appropriate (using default gains) causes over overcompensation on each axis.

Reactions: NATEHAWK and nalo_b
Really, MAS should have advised about this. As established and respected of a company as they are they surely are aware of the issue and could have easily included this in their instructional pamphlet, or even by email. Anyway, thanks everyone. I got 2 sets this week but haven’t had a chance to fly yet but I hope to go up tomorrow.

Props are wider and longer and require less rotational force (RPM of props) to adjust side to side and move forward backward. As a result spinning them at what the Mavic Air thinks is appropriate (using default gains) causes over overcompensation on each axis.
Makes sense. I noticed when it was getting the error brake time seemed longer than usual and rate of decent seemed quicker. (This is the part where I though I was trippin' and I was wearing flip flops lol). My MA for lack of a better term felt looser, kind of drifting out more. Before I change the yaw and vertical I'm going to fly it with the original props to verify. Thanks for the lesson BDOG.

Reactions: lewdissle
Great info. I just bought some as well and am waiting for them to get in. Ive only flown a few times and am a noob. Where do I go to adjust those settings?

I am too experiencing the Motor Current Error messages. When I made adjusts to Gain, it did help but did not solve the issues. Still get them randomly in flight. Adjusting the gain settings also helped with the “unbalanced” noise when dececending. I don’t know how to describe that to people who have not experienced it.

Great info. I just bought some as well and am waiting for them to get in. Ive only flown a few times and am a noob. Where do I go to adjust those settings?
Go into DJI go 4 app. Connect to drone and click on the 3 dots in upper right hand of screen. Then click the drone icon, Scroll to bottom and click advanced settings. That’s were you can find and adjust the gain settings.

Reactions: MojoBlues and pvs
I am too experiencing the Motor Current Error messages. When I made adjusts to Gain, it did help but did not solve the issues. Still get them randomly in flight. Adjusting the gain settings also helped with the “unbalanced” noise when dececending. I don’t know how to describe that to people who have not experienced it.
LOL oh yeah that "unbalanced" noise when descending makes it sound like its just going to drop out of the sky.

Reactions: Smokingomega
Just curios, considering the extra costs that these props cost, along with the "potential risk" as an aftermarket product, is the performance upgrade that noticeable considering all the factors mentioned?

So i got some new Master Airscrew props for my Mavic Air and while testing it out in front of my house i got a motor current error a couple of times during the flight. Has anyone else

I just got some in the mail and did a test run . They are quieter !
Tried it in sports mode didn’t get any error messages. It’s pretty cool outside maybe 40° I don’t that means anything !
So far no issues

Reactions: zzxrox
Just curios, considering the extra costs that these props cost, along with the "potential risk" as an aftermarket product, is the performance upgrade that noticeable considering all the factors mentioned?
If you are worried about cost then maybe you are in the wrong hobby (j/k :)). Modding has been apart of all my hobbies and probably the FUNNEST part trying to make something better. I agree that sometimes cost hurts the wallet but these are like $25 bucks with shipping. Thats pocket change compared to buying the MA, tablet, tablet mount, new batteries, usb cables and multi charger.
You can take someones word for it if its better or not or try it yourself. I take risks so for me I want to know if its better. $25 bucks? That's about three lunches at work I won't be be able to buy and I'm ok with that :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pvs
I can see where you are coming from in asking this question. The answer is difficult to answer. Noticeable difference in using the new props? Absolutely!
If the issues noted above can be resolved then yes, it is worth the staggering amount of $19.99. Most people reading this spent that much at Starbucks today.

I can see where you are coming from in asking this question. The answer is difficult to answer. Noticeable difference in using the new props? Absolutely!
If the issues noted above can be resolved then yes, it is worth the staggering amount of $19.99. Most people reading this spent that much at Starbucks today.
Noticeable difference in performance?
Noticeable difference in sound?

Um, I would suggest a new Starbucks. Sounds like yours may be a money laundering front. :)

Reactions: SaOuGenLa
Noticeable difference in performance?
Noticeable difference in sound?
Yes for the sound. I'm still tweaking the settings so performance wise I'm not sure yet. Maybe someone can chime in on that.

Reactions: Mrmund
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan