DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor stuck mini 3 pro Drone fell

koal4e

Reactions
I was flying my drone in the mountains today. On my 3rd and last battery about 10 mins in the drone said "motor stuck check for objects blocking motor" and then dropped into bushes. I haven't been able to retrieve it (yet) as it wasn't safe to do alone. Hopefully I can find someone to come with me and I can find it 😞

The RC stayed connected briefly with a black and white screen and IMU altitude error showing.

I only got the drone in February and so far have completed 52 flights and 122 km.

Any thoughts on known motor stuck problems?

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Without your flightlog, nobody can tell you what happened.
Post your flight log here, or a link to your log on Phantomhelp.
Here is information on how to retrive your flight log and upload it:
There are some clever people here that can read flight logs in detail.

Also, if you have not already synced, do not and SWITCH SYNCING OFF
The reason?
Syncing may delete the DAT logs from your screen device and the DAT log for this flight may be useful.

The DATs can be found in the sub folder of where you find the .txt flight log, the sub folder's name is probably MCDatFlightRecords.

Oh, welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
I meant the mini 3 Pro, sorry 😁 the tempeture was 30 degrees C

Thank you for your responses!

The good news and reason for my silence was that I researched where it is and how I could hike there. After a 2 hour hike I found it and luckily it had landed in some very long grass breaking its fall. Very lucky as it was right near lots of rocks I was taking photos of not long before which would have smashed it to pieces.

I charged the batteries when back at home and tested the drone, it still works! It wasn't hovering well though and after some checks it seems one of the propellers is not great so I'm changing all the propellers today and will test again. Its been 125 km and I thought they would have lasted longer.
20230812_155315.jpg

Attachments

• 20230812_154401.jpg
    20230812_154401.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Panagiotis Kassavos
You might be able to edit the title.

There in no need to change ALL the blades. You should however change BOTH blades on any motor that has damage to just one or both blades. NOTE BOTH BLADES, they are weight matched pairs.

The logs from the crash flight would still be informative, to you and perhaps others.

You might be able to edit the title.

There in no need to change ALL the blades. You should however change BOTH blades on any motor that has damage to just one or both blades. NOTE BOTH BLADES, they are weight matched pairs.

The logs from the crash flight would still be informative, to you and perhaps others.
I've edited the title thank you.

That is good to know on the blades, then I'll just change two 2 on that motor. The maintenance side I still learning having not needed to do anything so far.

I'll look at getting the logs downloaded today!

I'm learning a lot from this forum after only 24 hrs, thank you so much.

Most of my flying is up in the Bulgarian mountains, I like looking at rock formations and also aeriel views of the landscape (the later being insta material) so I want to make sure I keep on top of the maintenance side and not have a repeat of yesterday.

I've edited the title thank you.

That is good to know on the blades, then I'll just change two 2 on that motor. The maintenance side I still learning having not needed to do anything so far.

I'll look at getting the logs downloaded today!

I'm learning a lot from this forum after only 24 hrs, thank you so much.

Most of my flying is up in the Bulgarian mountains, I like looking at rock formations and also aeriel views of the landscape (the later being insta material) so I want to make sure I keep on top of the maintenance side and not have a repeat of yesterday.
Actually it's a Mini 3 pro, DJI dropped the "Mavic" bit after the first Mini.

I would rotate each motor by hand and compare how they feel and how much force they require to turn them. You will probably feel that the force 'pulses' a bit, that seems normal but there should not be any great differences between the motors.
It might also be wise to familiarise yourself with the "find my drone" function and, if it is available, the "flash and beep" thing.

Actually it's a Mini 3 pro, DJI dropped the "Mavic" bit after the first Mini.

I would rotate each motor by hand and compare how they feel and how much force they require to turn them. You will probably feel that the force 'pulses' a bit, that seems normal but there should not be any great differences between the motors.
It might also be wise to familiarise yourself with the "find my drone" function and, if it is available, the "flash and beep" thing.
This was super helpful, I tried what you said and it qas the front right motor (looking down on drone) wasn't the same as the others and felt a little tighter. It's the one where I thought rhe blades needed changing already and confirmed it. I've changed the blades and did a few minutes test at low height (5 metres or so) outside the house and it seems to be flying a lot more normally. Yesterday when I was testing it wasn't hovering right and felt like it was struggling more to maintain its height, like it was adjusting because it was dropping slightly...this wasn't happening in today's test after changing those 2 blades.

Im going to spend a lot more time on firmware/find my drone/download offline maps now!

Is it covered by DJI Care Refresh, or within the warranty period? It just came out, so I would assume so. You may want to have DJI look at it and they may replace the motor (or whole drone, more likely). If there isn't free movement in that rotor there is a risk the drone will fall out of the sky again, hard to say.

Post the logs anyway, as there may be clues as to what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1