DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motors lifespan

Mauri59

Reactions
Is there any official/unofficial document, about the predicted life (hours) of Mavic Pro electric motors?

no need to worry, they will outlast the electronics with absolute certainty.

Doubt it! A well designed electronics, kept in the proper environment, lasts longer than any mechanical part in movement.
A scheduled maintenance, is a well known money saver practice (unless they steal your money, with absurd prices with spare parts).
Moreover with flying machines it's a must, since you can't park on the side of the road, when the engine failure happens ;)
The "fly safe" reccomandation, should include scheduled maintenance, in my opinion.
Last but not least, a brushless DC motor, has electronics inside.

A scheduled maintenance, is a well known money saver practice (unless they steal your money, with absurd prices with spare parts).
Moreover with flying machines it's a must, since you can't park on the side of the road, when the engine failure happens ;)
im curious now what maintenance are you referring to?

Last but not least, a brushless DC motor, has electronics inside.

really? so what does the electronics inside the brush-less do?

im am very intrigued by your comments

Reactions: Clinton1
im curious now what maintenance are you referring to?

I'm also intrigued by this electronics in the motor.

Reactions: mpa
To rotate, an electric motor needs a rotating magnetic field, then an AC current
Using DC, there are only two ways to obtain the above.
Simplifying...
1) With brushes, changing sequentially the supply to windings, in which the DC current is applyed (mechanical switching).
2) Without brushes, an AC synchronuos motor, where the AC is produced by an electronic inverter circuit (or electronic switching)

[QUOTE="mpa, post: 244313, member: 14929"

im am very intrigued by your comments[/QUOTE]

To rotate, an electric motor needs a rotating magnetic field, then an AC current
Using DC, there are only two ways to obtain the above.
Simplifying...
1) With brushes, changing sequentially the supply to windings, in which the DC current is applyed (mechanical switching).
2) Without brushes, an AC synchronuos motor, where the AC is produced by an electronic inverter circuit (or electronic switching)

[QUOTE="mpa, post: 244313, member: 14929"

ill give you my mavic if you could find an inverter in the mavic motors

i was exaggerating a little but brushless motors with minimal load, and being in a clean, and cool environment like it is on the mavic is certainly as ideal as it gets for a brushles motor. there is only 2 moving bits, and they are the bearings, the rest is essentially copper wire with no movement! when was the last time copper failed?

If it's not exactly inside the motor, then it's inside the drone case, probably integrated with the pwm controller.
A brusheless DC motor, alone, simply, can't exist.

ill give you my mavic if you could find an inverter in the mavic motors

Each time the enamelled copper wire rises themperature and an "aged" (or stressed) insulating paint gets, step by step, "cooked".
When the insulation is lost, windings short to each other, causing an avalanche effect.

when was the last time copper failed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78