DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Movement when hovering

john2k

Reactions
When taking off and hovering, is the Mavic air supposed to stay still? Mine tends to move around a bit from time to time and even indoors. I would say probably max about 5-10cm of movement but then it corrects itself

When flying outside or indoors, have you noted your GPS strength when the problem is happening ?
This is mostly what keeps the position stable.

Indoors might even see it come out of GPS mode and into Atti, so be careful and always prepared to actually have to finely control the aircraft.

If you have MAS props, this may be the problem, gains need adjusting (other recent thread on the forum) to prevent instability.

When flying outside or indoors, have you noted your GPS strength when the problem is happening ?
This is mostly what keeps the position stable.

Indoors might even see it come out of GPS mode and into Atti, so be careful and always prepared to actually have to finely control the aircraft.

If you have MAS props, this may be the problem, gains need adjusting (other recent thread on the forum) to prevent instability.

Indoors it isn't in GPS but outdoors the GPS strength is good. I've tried to watch some YouTube videos of Mavic airs hovering and I've noticed some do have a certain movement

When taking off and hovering, is the Mavic air supposed to stay still? Mine tends to move around a bit from time to time and even indoors. I would say probably max about 5-10cm of movement but then it corrects itself
5-10 cm sounds normal and well within specs which say:
Hovering Accuracy RangeVertical:
±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning)
±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)

Horizontal:
±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning)
±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads