DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverie BT-300 on mavic 2. Compatible?

Ptevee

Reactions
I am seriously considering the moverio bt-300. In some older info ebson stated that they are not compatible with the mavic 2's. Does anyone have experience with this setup? Have they updated firmware? I can't find any fresh info on these glasses. I appreciate any feedback!

That's what I've been finding. Thanks for the reply! I can't find anything that's not at least a year old... Wondering if they updated? The ?'s on Amazon asking if they work with the m2 series are all "yes". Very confusing. Do you have the bt-300? If so is it worth the big bucks?

That's what I've been finding. Thanks for the reply! I can't find anything that's not at least a year old... Wondering if they updated? The ?'s on Amazon asking if they work with the m2 series are all "yes". Very confusing. Do you have the bt-300? If so is it worth the big bucks?
Yeah, I find it unfortunate that questions on amazon receive a large amount of replies that are either not helpful, not answering the specific question or are just incorrect. Luckily, these forums are markedly better in accuracy, although not without error, as well. (These days, every single thing you read needs to be run through your own filter, then verified elsewhere... I guess the up and downside to the web?)

The above answer from lannes is right on, imo!

To work with the Mavic 2 pro you need either

1) the Epson BT-300 and the Mavic 2 RC1A remote controller, some Mavic 2's have the RC1B remote controller which is not compatible

2) the Epson BT-35e and the Smart Controller

Yes I do use the BT-300, it works well with DJI Go4 but it doesn’t work with DJI Fly as it’s only 32bit.

I really like the 80in virtual screen
The touch pad takes a little bit of getting used to.
It’s getting a bit long in the tooth , but it remains one of the few DJI related fpv options alongside the DJI goggles.

Ed Ricker made this excellent review

1) That's great thanks much! I'm tempted to order it and roll the dice on compatibility as some users say it does work... I can return if need. Opinion?

2) have you used them as VR type glasses for other applications besides flying?

1) That's great thanks much! I'm tempted to order it and roll the dice on compatibility as some users say it does work... I can return if need. Opinion?

2) have you used them as VR type glasses for other applications besides flying?

If you have the MP2 then check if you have the RC1A controller (label on the back will tell you), it will definitely work with this version
It will not work with the RC1B controller, so it's not even worth trying.

1594604353785.png

I use the glasses to play around with augmented reality and watch 3d movies, Avatar is especially good.
At work we have implemented them to support remote staff out in the field with the connection back to the nursing base, clinicans can then see what the nurses in the field treating patients can see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
I started out using an 8" Samsung tablet to monitor the video feed from my Mavic 1 Pro's camera but found that in bright sunlight the picture was difficult to see at times, plus requiring to use a sunshade on the RC and wear dark clothing to prevent reflections on the screen & the image looking washed out. The Moverio BT-300 I use with a choice of two shades (light & dark) is now my go-to system and only take the Samsung as a back up in case anything goes seriously wrong with the Moverios, which touch wood it hasn't. I also purchased a set of the Rochester Optical shades which are polarised, since I fly mainly in the tropics and close to or over water. Having the BT-300 type I have no need to keep looking at a phone/tablet screen and risk losing VLOS of the drone, but the BT-35e linked with a smart controller has the best of both worlds. One small point, I found the icons and telemetry around the edge of the image a little too small for my liking initially, but that can be "tweaked" in the settings to make them a tad bolder. BTW Iannes makes excellent points in his reply.

I am seriously considering the moverio bt-300. In some older info ebson stated that they are not compatible with the mavic 2's. Does anyone have experience with this setup? Have they updated firmware? I can't find any fresh info on these glasses. I appreciate any feedback!

Attachments

• 1597981267979.png
    1597981267979.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 9
If you have the MP2 then check if you have the RC1A controller (label on the back will tell you), it will definitely work with this version
It will not work with the RC1B controller, so it's not even worth trying.

View attachment 107633

I use the glasses to play around with augmented reality and watch 3d movies, Avatar is especially good.
At work we have implemented them to support remote staff out in the field with the connection back to the nursing base, clinicans can then see what the nurses in the field treating patients can see.

Attachments

• 1597981267979.png
    1597981267979.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member