DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOVERIO BT-300 or BT-350? Which is the best for Mavic?

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Put my BT 300s down ages ago, lost parts and it was such a hassle getting them to fit on my head with elastic bands and bandages. I recharged and used them last week and realised what I had been missing. Just love, love, flying with them. No more losing my drone in the sky, takes less than a second to move the few millimeters from what the drone is doing in the sky and stuff around it and what it is seeing.
I fell in love again, who would think an old guy falling in love again. So I am going to buy them again. I tried to claim them on insurance but just cannot remember how or where I bought them since I need proof of purchase.
Has anyone tried both the MOVERIO BT-300 and BT-350? I forget where but I seem to remember the 300s are better for Drones.

Reactions: MY2017MavicPRO
You will want the BT-300 FPV Edition. The BT-350 is made for industrial purposes, is certainly a beefier more expensive unit, but does not have any DJI apps preloaded like the BT-300.

This recent post should clarify things. Also, you may find a good deal in BT-300 Developers Edition, which does not come with preloaded apps nor a Mavic Mount, but you can always install the apps from the included Moverio app store, and you can find a suitable mount online anywhere.

I have a pair of the Bt 350 glasses . Pelagic one is right they do not come with any dji preloaded apps but you can go directly to the dji download site and download the sdk app directly. They do not come with a mavic mount i have a 3d printer so i made one you can use the mount that came with your bt 300s. And another thing you cant use the moverio app with the bt 350s its only for the 300s now. The 350s work very well with my mavic pro and the dji go app i alo installed the autel app on them for my evo.

I also installed the autel app on them for my evo.
Okay now that’s the first I’ve read of the Moverios flying another drone like the Autel Evo, which makes them more versatile then I thought. Was it as simple as side loading the Autel app, too?

I just downloaded the autel explorer app apk file directly for autel to the glasses and the app works fine.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Put my BT 300s down ages ago, lost parts and it was such a hassle getting them to fit on my head with elastic bands and bandages. I recharged and used them last week and realised what I had been missing. Just love, love, flying with them. No more losing my drone in the sky, takes less than a second to move the few millimeters from what the drone is doing in the sky and stuff around it and what it is seeing.
I fell in love again, who would think an old guy falling in love again. So I am going to buy them again. I tried to claim them on insurance but just cannot remember how or where I bought them since I need proof of purchase.
Has anyone tried both the MOVERIO BT-300 and BT-350? I forget where but I seem to remember the 300s are better for Drones.
Hey John! I haven't been on the forum in probably close to a year - but being COVID Crisis Home Bound, here I am again!

You can still get the 300s (and the 350s) at B&H: Epson Moverio BT-300 Drone FPV Edition Glasses

The difference between the 300s and 350s (unless a lot has changed) is that the 300s have an android device and the 350s do not. So you hook the 350s to your device using their interface box (which BTW, I also have and hook my 300 glasses to, but that's a whole different application).

So with the 300s, you're loading GO4 (or whatever app) onto the 300's android device and running it from there.

The 350s requires a connection (either USBC or HDMI) to a display port. If you're also flying something like the Aviator (which I have, but never use), the number of connections can become an issue with today's phones (which only have one connector).

I don't know if Epson upgraded the processor on the 300s android device...it was old 2 years ago, so now it may be ancient...if they didn't upgrade it...running Android 5, I think. I don't know if it can be upgraded....anyway, worth looking into.

- Gary

Thanks a lot Gary, appreciated. I just bought, for the second time, the 300s and I am having a real problem downloading the Go 4 app. When I select the Moverio apps I am asked to provide an id. Tried many times to create one. So researched that and was told to enter my email and select enquiry. (How to reset your Moverio App Market Password/Account ID - FAQs) Which then tells me I would be sent instructions via email to change my password, but no email has arrived.

I need to have the 300s added as a device to download the Go app but even though I have tried many time it keeps asking me
Add an account
Exchange
Personal (IMAP)
Tried both and was told no?
So at the moment I have the glasses totally useless.
Scoured for a solution and have got no where.
This is not easy when it should be.
Any ideas, Gary, or anyone?

I may be a bit frustrated.

So you got a new pair, eh? Cool.
The best thing I found is to wipe/system restore the device, Period.
Do the system upgrade that was pushed out a few months ago.
Then:
Go here to pick your favorite version of the Go4 app. (Earlier ones are less resource hungry)
OR
Try the NLD version of the Go4 app (which is what I am playing with now)
I go between the Go4 app ver. 4.0.4/4.0.5 and the NLD. starting to lean toward the NLD release...

The best way to do this is to download the .apk file to a microsd card on your pc, then toss the card into the moverio slot and run/install the app directly. Much easier to do than the moverio market (yes, I used lower case, not much there...

Sorry though I should not be in this room, the only Mavic I have is the Mini and you cannot use the glasses with the Mini.
Flycaster, your technical skills are way better than mine. If I go into where you are and something goes wrong, I would not have a clue to solve it.

I think I need a simple conventional way to get my 300 device included as one of my devices so I can then download the official app and start using the glasses.
I accept the DJI go app is bloatware, especially for such an old small, out of date device. But I am willing to go there just so it works. When they are working the 300s are nothing short of amazing way to fly drones, safely.
But thank you again.

The 350s work the same as the 300s the only difference is the 350s do not have access to the movero app . You can install the go 4 app direct from dji or go to pure apk and download it .No extra cables are req for the 350s they work just like a tablet or phone. Also the 350s connect to your controller like a phone or tablet and they do not have a memory card slot but they have 48 gigs built in.

Reactions: John Gowland
Then:
Go here to pick your favorite version of the Go4 app. (Earlier ones are less resource hungry)
OR
I go between the Go4 app ver. 4.0.4/4.0.5 and the NLD. starting to lean toward the NLD release...

The best way to do this is to download the .apk file to a microsd card on your pc, then toss the card into the moverio slot and run/install the app directly. Much easier to do than the moverio market (yes, I used lower case, not much there...
Then:
OR

I just purchased a second hand BT-300 that is not updatet from it R 1.5.0 build. I'm afraid to run into restrictions if I upgrade to R 1.7.0, because I need to be able to install/sideload the NLD APK. Are you running 1.7.0 and NLD?

I just purchased a second hand BT-300 that is not updatet from it R 1.5.0 build. I'm afraid to run into restrictions if I upgrade to R 1.7.0, because I need to be able to install/sideload the NLD APK. Are you running 1.7.0 and NLD?
I "think" I'm still on the .5 build, it was the only update for the Moverio I saw they had at the time. I did not know they rolled out another "update".??
I am running ver. 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 of the Go4 app from waaay back, both on the Moverios, and my LG tabby.
I would stick with the .5 build (you can always update it, once you find the change log.
Maybe they did something to alleviate the heating issue in the .7 build??
Looks like I have some digging to do myself into the Moverio OS upgrade....

Reactions: Kiowa
I "think" I'm still on the .5 build, it was the only update for the Moverio I saw they had at the time. I did not know they rolled out another "update".??
I am running ver. 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 of the Go4 app from waaay back, both on the Moverios, and my LG tabby.
I would stick with the .5 build (you can always update it, once you find the change log.
Maybe they did something to alleviate the heating issue in the .7 build??
Looks like I have some digging to do myself into the Moverio OS upgrade....
I think the .7 build has been out for a while... I don't think there will be any new ones. Seems they start to phase out the product, as there is a notice that they have set a deadline for approval of new apps to the Moverio apps market, as of June 30th 2021....

That could be. I haven't touched anything for over 9 months. I only charged and flew the batteries down twice to exercise them, but that's it.
I will have to look this weekend.
Quick look at the release notes, and it looks like they have been "working on the compass" bits...

Reactions: Kiowa
I'd be very interested to discover what anybody in the Facebook Epson Moverio forums have to say once they get their hands on the new BT-40/40s and their suitability for drone flying.
The BT-40s is not currently compatible with DJI drone related products. This is quite disappointing given that the previous unit BT-300 was quite useful with compatible DJI drone products.

The BT-40s is not currently compatible with DJI drone related products. This is quite disappointing given that the previous unit BT-300 was quite useful with compatible DJI drone products.
I've been flying my Mavic 2 Pro using my Moverio BT-40 glasses with a USB-modded AppleTV. The entire contraption fits in my fanny pack. Doing screen mirroring via AirPlay using a Peer-to-Peer passworded connection via my iPhone 8 Plus + DJI Standard Controller. Latency is 0.23 seconds at worst; barely noticeable. Just as reference, the latency on the BT-300 were 0.25 seconds. I did not purchase the BO-IC400 Intelligent Android Controller because they have "crippled" the 2nd USB-C port, so can't connect to your DJI controller & BT-40 glasses at the same time. :(

Last edited:
I just downloaded the autel explorer app apk file directly for autel to the glasses and the app works fine.
works fine but you cant fly as the app doesnt seem to let you do anything or highlite the tabs to make adjustments and couldnt see threw my drone lens

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato