DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio BT-40 Glasses work directly connected to new DJI RC Pro’s USB-C port

f13dfx

Reactions
Posted this in our Moverio Tips & Tricks Facebook group earlier. Best setup yet without the need for any intermediary device, except for the limited compatibility to the Mavic 3 for now. That could change in the future with firmware updates!

8564FEFE-5409-4904-9B1A-AC2D62DDAA1F.jpeg

Reactions: bonzo and audi2000
Posted this in our Moverio Tips & Tricks Facebook group earlier. Best setup yet without the need for any intermediary device, except for the limited compatibility to the Mavic 3 for now. That could change in the future with firmware updates!

View attachment 138767
Can you share more? Any specific settings in the controller necessary? Just Plug & Play? Performance, etc..? Very interested in this setup - Thanks!

Reactions: audi2000
It’s just Plug & Play via the USB-C port. Full 1080p HD. Here are the specs if you don’t own one already: Moverio BT-40 Smart Glasses with USB Type-C Connectivity | Smart Glasses | Wearables | For Work | Epson US
Are you happy with their performance? I noticed you sold your RC Pro Remote - Are you still using the BT-40? I had the BT-300's years ago and liked them very much, but the attached touch pad/hardware couldn't handle the later versions of DJI GO. That's why I'm especially interested in the BT-40 and your experience with them so far. Anyway, very much appreciate help!

I only bought the RC-Pro to try it out & see if my BT-40 glasses would work by just connecting it directly to the USB-C port since the RC-Pro’s specs said it supported video as well as data. I did it for our Moverio Facebook group as well, since a lot of the members were disappointed with the BT-40’s BO-IC400 Android controller (which had 2 USB-C ports) as one of the ports was “crippled” by Epson. I ended up selling the RC-Pro as I already had my new Asus ROG 5 gaming phone which has 2 fully functional USB-C ports which I could use for ANY BRAND of drone, like the new Autel Nano Plus! Other than that, I didn’t really put the RC-Pro to it’s paces, but I noticed right off the bat that it was much faster than my old DJI Smart Controller. BTW, the video coming out of my BT-40 glasses was much larger & clearer than my old BT-300 glasses, which I ended up selling a while back. To me, if you fly exclusively DJI drones, then the RC-Pro + BT-40 glasses are a match made in Heaven!

I only bought the RC-Pro to try it out & see if my BT-40 glasses would work by just connecting it directly to the USB-C port since the RC-Pro’s specs said it supported video as well as data. I did it for our Moverio Facebook group as well, since a lot of the members were disappointed with the BT-40’s BO-IC400 Android controller (which had 2 USB-C ports) as one of the ports was “crippled” by Epson. I ended up selling the RC-Pro as I already had my new Asus ROG 5 gaming phone which has 2 fully functional USB-C ports which I could use for ANY BRAND of drone, like the new Autel Nano Plus! Other than that, I didn’t really put the RC-Pro to it’s paces, but I noticed right off the bat that it was much faster than my old DJI Smart Controller. BTW, the video coming out of my BT-40 glasses was much larger & clearer than my old BT-300 glasses, which I ended up selling a while back. To me, if you fly exclusively DJI drones, then the RC-Pro + BT-40 glasses are a match made in Heaven!
Perfect - Thanks again for your thoughts and insight! BT-40 glasses are on order! Best wishes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ