DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moving photo files

MBurris

Reactions
I’m having a helluva time downloading images from Smart Controller to computer with Bluetooth. Is there any way to move from the controller’s internal memory to an SD card inserted into the controller slot?
Why is this so difficult to download vids and stills?

I’m having a helluva time downloading images from Smart Controller to computer with Bluetooth. Is there any way to move from the controller’s internal memory to an SD card inserted into the controller slot?
Why is this so difficult to download vids and stills?
Yes, you can do it by SD Card, don't delete anything before you verify that it worked though.
Have you always had the issue? Maybe one of your devices is due for an update, or you recently updated and the update needs an update.

I know. I can easily use SD card for upload to computer. But can’t from SC. Since I can’t upload from SC, I’m trying to get images and vids directly from SC to the SD inserted in the SC and then from SD card to computer.

I would’ve loved a direct upload to Lightroom but Mavic and SC not yet recognized by Lightroom.

Any reason you're not taking the original high resolution photos/videos from the SD on the AC?
Seems like a lot of steps to first transfer from AC to SC, then SC to PC.

Or is it really the cache recordings you're interested in?

I f’d up. Forgot to insert an SD before flight and instead all went into SC memory. It is a lot of steps. And I think it should be easier. Bluetooth starts then stops.
IMHO, the SC should act just like any other camera - plug it in to USB port and upload to PC.

SC an Android operating much like other Android phone/tablets.

I assume you're flying an M2, which has an internal 8GB storage to take the place of the SD you'd normally have onboard. You would connect a USB C cable, preferably USB 3, between AC and PC to transfer any recordings there. You may need Assistant installed so that the PC will recognize the USB storage coming from the AC.

SC would only contain lower resolution cache video. AC does not transmit full resolution video to RC in real time. I believe SC has a file manager app which you can use to copy the cache video in SC internal storage to SD.
I believe though that once the AC's storage is full, which in your specific situation would only be the 8GB internal storage, recording stops which means caching also stops.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic