DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP or MPP: Is one more reliable than the other?

floyd

Reactions
Since the MPP came out after the MP (not sure how much later) and could be considered a (next) generation 1.1, is it more (or less or equally) dependable/reliable than the MP? Or, on the other hand, was the MPP made with cheaper materials, innards, and software than the originally released MP?

I also read somewhere that after a certain production date, the MPP had better/upgraded electronics installed. Any truth to that? If so, what production date has the better electronics?

was the MPP made with cheaper materials, innards, and software than the originally released MP?

DJI doesnt "roll like that." Everything that DJI makes is high quality. From the plastics, to the rubber, to the glass in the lens, everything is high quality from the first drone they ever made until today..

Both drones are solid as rocks. MPP has a nice paint scheme, different (but not superior IMO) electronics, and low noise props, but as far as dependability, I rate them both as extremely reliable. They are engineering marvels.

These days you can find Mavic Pro parts and accessories anywhere. MPP accessories and parts to match the color scheme are a little pricier and harder to find.

You cant go wrong with either drone. Best bang for the buck.

Reactions: ksmusa and ToddR
Well put, couldn't agree more.

I'm no drone expert but from all accounts I've read, all their drones are made as best as they can be given the technology available at the time of design/manufacturer. That certainly cannot be said for all drone manufacturers! Aside from aesthetics, the only differences between the MP and MPP are: (1) Fitted with Low noise props as standard (but you can also fit these to the MP) and (2) Sinusoidal output ESC's, which are slightly more efficient at delivering power into the motors than the MP's, giving a 3 minute longer flight time.

The Mavic Air could be considered Gen2.0 but not everything was improved e.g. reduced flight time and distance, fewer creative options, complete reliance on a smartphone etc.

Since the MPP came out after the MP (not sure how much later) and could be considered a (next) generation 1.1, is it more (or less or equally) dependable/reliable than the MP? Or, on the other hand, was the MPP made with cheaper materials, innards, and software than the originally released MP?
DJI often fixes small issues throughout the lifespan of a product life cycle. For example, they fixed this compass interference issue shortly after the Mavic Pro was released. So, I would expect the parts in the MPP to be equal or better than what's in the most recent MP builds.

Reactions: badgenes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark