DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP2 Crash_Inconclusive Data-analysis result from Dji_PLEASE HELP

Slim to none on the warranty repair.
Your over-confidence statement reminds me of an old flying quote: "There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no OLD BOLD pilots"
@timinator thanks for the heads up. I know that expecting DJI to explain possible causes of the crash as in-depth as the experienced pilots on here might be asking too much but it would definitely help enforcing a little more caution within the industry. Anyways, thanks for the quote! I will have printed in the Pelican for future reminders.

Reactions: timinator
Justin, good on you for accepting the mild flight criticisms, and wearing the blame on this.
Not often new (or occasionally old) pilots do that.

Hopefully future flights will be a little more pre planned and all risks assessed well.
All the best with whatever happens with DJI, hopefully they may offer a small discount on a new aircraft , even if they dig enough to confirm pilot error.

I would still send the aircraft into DJI Justin to at least get an estimate for repair. Who knows - perhaps you'll catch a break and it will be covered.

Reactions: Justin.G
Justin, good on you for accepting the mild flight criticisms, and wearing the blame on this.
Not often new (or occasionally old) pilots do that.

Hopefully future flights will be a little more pre planned and all risks assessed well.
All the best with whatever happens with DJI, hopefully they may offer a small discount on a new aircraft , even if they dig enough to confirm pilot error.
Thanks so much for the compliment @MAvic_South_Oz . I’ve learnt quite a bit in the last couple hours. I am a little hard-headed when it comes to learning and sometimes only doing so when in distress, as you’ve seen. It may sound strange but I do feel a lot better about the crash knowing a bunch of possible reasons why and what went wrong. I’ve witnessed very many forum fires and I hoped it wouldn’t turn into that as I came here for answers, which members went above and beyond to provide. I’m just a little sad it took crashing for me to finally sign up! But, again we live and we learn. Thanks for the well wishes with DJI, I just hope they don’t hold my hotheadedness against me! Haha!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I would still send the aircraft into DJI Justin to at least get an estimate for repair. Who knows - perhaps you'll catch a break and it will be covered.
@timinator Thank you. I will definitely do that. I don’t mean to sound dramatic but besides my initial shock and distress from the crash which led to me losing my temper, Dji for the most part, have been very polite. With the pandemic going on and it effecting global shipping, they’re attempting to make an arrangement with myself and a local dealer to retrieve the internal data. Hoping for the best but definitely preparing for the worst! Thanks again!

Reactions: timinator
Good luck. Sorry for the crash but glad to hear you will learn from it.

I must say, that flight path was very courageous!

Thanks @sar104 Understood. From the official DJI forum I’ve seen some pretty strange replacement/repair policies. Cases where DJI ruled obvious pilot error and then later over turned and replaced. Well, I’ve sent them as much information as I possibly could at this point which is basically what I’ve listed in my original post here. They requested me to retrieve said DAT files from the aircraft but everything on the belly of the aircraft is smashed in and the craft is unresponsive. I have been wrongly aggressive with DJI and in hindsight, I should have posted here first. But as was mentioned earlier, my fault, you live and learn. Thanks again.
kudos on a positive attitude when you are on the "chopping block". I assume you don't have DJI care refresh?

Just had an inconclusive myself of dji appealed and basically they said in a nice way 30% off or nothing 1 month to claim it see below

Dear Peter,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Firstly, we would like to start with an honest apology for the negative experience you've had with our product. The situation is not what we expect and we also want to figure out the cause of the incident, however, it was not recorded. As you can see the flight record ended at flight time T=03:30 and there was no more flight record after that.

The flight record ended does not mean the aircraft lose all power. There are many possibilities will lead to the interruption of the flight record or the connection between the aircraft and the controller. If there were obstacles or interference (visible & invisible) in the environment, disconnection may happen. The record would be interrupted if the connection between your mobile device and the remote control was lost. The direction of the antenna would also affect the remote connection, but that doesn’t indicate the aircraft itself malfunctioned.

Due to the interruption of the record, the cause for this incident was not recorded, but it was verified from the record that there was no malfunction found before the record was cut off. The aircraft was under your control and responded well, it worked normally before the flight record ended.

The data analysis is only based on DJI official APP from the engineering team, any report of the third-party software is not authorized. And the solution we offer is also only based on the analysis result from the DJI engineering team. Sorry that we could not found errors on the aircraft based on the currently available data. For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. As such, we provide a 30% discount for this case.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. However, based on the analysis result, we regret to inform you that we are unable to assist with a warranty replacement. The discount offer will be valid for a month. If you would like to take it, please let us know.

We apologize for your loss.

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Just had an inconclusive myself of dji appealed and basically they said in a nice way 30% off or nothing 1 month to claim it see below

Dear Peter,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Firstly, we would like to start with an honest apology for the negative experience you've had with our product. The situation is not what we expect and we also want to figure out the cause of the incident, however, it was not recorded. As you can see the flight record ended at flight time T=03:30 and there was no more flight record after that.

The flight record ended does not mean the aircraft lose all power. There are many possibilities will lead to the interruption of the flight record or the connection between the aircraft and the controller. If there were obstacles or interference (visible & invisible) in the environment, disconnection may happen. The record would be interrupted if the connection between your mobile device and the remote control was lost. The direction of the antenna would also affect the remote connection, but that doesn’t indicate the aircraft itself malfunctioned.

Due to the interruption of the record, the cause for this incident was not recorded, but it was verified from the record that there was no malfunction found before the record was cut off. The aircraft was under your control and responded well, it worked normally before the flight record ended.

The data analysis is only based on DJI official APP from the engineering team, any report of the third-party software is not authorized. And the solution we offer is also only based on the analysis result from the DJI engineering team. Sorry that we could not found errors on the aircraft based on the currently available data. For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. As such, we provide a 30% discount for this case.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. However, based on the analysis result, we regret to inform you that we are unable to assist with a warranty replacement. The discount offer will be valid for a month. If you would like to take it, please let us know.

We apologize for your loss.

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

So as usual - they didn't examine the log enough to figure out exactly what happened. That said, the lack of conclusion and 30% discount offer is better than you would have got if they had correctly figured out that it was pilot error.

So as usual - they didn't examine the log enough to figure out exactly what happened. That said, the lack of conclusion and 30% discount offer is better than you would have got if they had correctly figured out that it was pilot error.
Agreed, have been prepairing myself for this for 5 years, plus with the mavic 3 not looking iminent i will get a new one with care and when the 3 arrives i can sell with care which with past experience they are not up for sale long. Thanks for your help with this ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Justin.G and sar104
Good luck. Sorry for the crash but glad to hear you will learn from it.

I must say, that flight path was very courageous!
Thank you @Dakarenduro Dji has been very accommodating thus far. I’m starting to really understand that honoring a warranty for a device with so many variables is a tricky affair and there appears to be a lot more to learn from a pilot point of view as well. With regards to the flight path, it was overly ambitious, I was helping to document our countries ‘lockdown’ for study reasons and I managed secure some safer flight clips from earlier that day, so all was not completely lost. Thank goodness.

kudos on a positive attitude when you are on the "chopping block". I assume you don't have DJI care refresh?
@E90RAW haha! Yes, the “chopping block” indeed. Thank you. You assumed correctly, I do not have DJI Care Refresh. I did try buying it when I originally purchased my M2P but was quickly disappointed to find out that it’s not available in South Africa as yet and because we don’t have an official DJI presence here, it might not be available for a very long time.

Hello fellow Mavic Pilots.

This is my first post, I’m not 100% sure how the posting process works but I hope my research is correct. Apologies in advance for the long post.

Sadly, my Mavic 2 Pro had an ‘unexplained’ incident recently and I am having some trouble communicating my concerns with Dji. Understandably, Dji cannot simply take every crash at face value and provide replacements for every case but I am convinced that the fall was not pilot error. My understanding of their data-analysis process is to investigate and rule-out pilot or manufacturing fault. I assume crashes are binary, either pilot or manufacturing.

In a nut-shell, I was nearing the end of a normal condition flight, no strong wind and the weather was great. After completing a clear horizontal movement past a nearby building, I complete a sensor, battery and GPS check and proceed to line up the aircraft safely between 2 structures. I pitch forward to begin a slow movement.

After clearing past the structures and approximately 40 seconds into the movement, with no inference or low signal warning, the video feed cuts out and all control is lost. I release the sticks and wait approximately 20-30 seconds for the RC to re-connect before hitting the RTH. After a some time passed and still no connection or response, I check Find my Drone and proceed to find the aircraft. After searching, I find it approximately 25-30 meters from the last position recorded. It had fallen through a tree and was heavily damaged, gimbal hanging by a thread, bottom plate broken off etc. The battery was still attached with 2 bars remaining. I later attempted putting in a fully charged battery but the craft did not power on.

I have attached both the log.txt file file from the flight as well as details of the last known position and the physical location of where I found the aircraft.

Link to last cached video:

If the veterans of the forum could PLEASE help me make some sense of what happened to my much loved bird, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Wow! There is an app called find my drone in the DJIGO app?

there is a feature in go4 called Find My Drone which flashes the leds and sounds the buzzer.

Jeez ... having it set to hover were so risky in the surroundings that I didn't even think of that :rolleyes:

mind me asking, why is rth=hover a bad idea. Wouldnt that mean that it holds its position before loosing air due to battery and thereby landing fairly close to last gps position?

mind me asking, why is rth=hover a bad idea. Wouldnt that mean that it holds its position before loosing air due to battery and thereby landing fairly close to last gps position?
Because the pilot could be over a 1 km away, and might not be able to get to his/her drone in time. In the meantime, as it's in a build up area, it could be hovering above a busy road, and when it reaches low battery, it'll land on the road or on a car. And if surrounded by buildings, as soon as it starts to descend it could lost GPS positioning, and starts to drift. Basically, a lot of things could go wrong.

Reactions: slup

Further to RayOz reply, if it just hovered until it hit failsafe RTH (critical battery) it would land wherever it was, with no process to work out not land in a tree, water, on someones head, car, house etc.

Hover is best used in places that return to home (at any nominated height) would be a bad thing to have happen.
Like flying under tree canopy, or at sea if you are in a moving boat (but able to turn and move toward the drone ok) . . .

Hover is there to enable you to move closer to the drone if control signal is lost, you regain control, and resume flight.

Using hover would be a bad idea if you couldn't move closer though, THEN it would just auto land after battery depletion.

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3