DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP2 Crash_Inconclusive Data-analysis result from Dji_PLEASE HELP

I never thought about a drone losing satellites while landing, then being put in ATTI mode, and then being blown into something.
Is there no way for DJI to engineer a solution to avoid the ATTI drifting while landing, and perhaps otherwise? What I’m thinking is maybe the sensors on the drone can be used to control that, similar to how the Skydio 2 works, at least by my understanding.
Yes, the MP2 does not have the same sensors as the SD2, but if it’s just source code on top of the current sensor data to control drifting, it should be technically possible, right?

Sucks about he loss, OP. Hope you learn from it and be glad you were that lucky.

I never thought about a drone losing satellites while landing, then being put in ATTI mode, and then being blown into something.

There is no evidence that it switched to ATTI mode in this event.
Is there no way for DJI to engineer a solution to avoid the ATTI drifting while landing, and perhaps otherwise? What I’m thinking is maybe the sensors on the drone can be used to control that, similar to how the Skydio 2 works, at least by my understanding.
Yes, the MP2 does not have the same sensors as the SD2, but if it’s just source code on top of the current sensor data to control drifting, it should be technically possible, right?

It will do exactly that - use the VPS system to avoid drift if it is available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi