DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP Puffy Batteries and other questions

Copepe

Reactions
I bought my Mavic Pro Platinum in February 2018 and have 302 flights, 33 hours and 1,114,000 feet of perfect flying, never a malfunction, never a crash, pure fun and enjoyment. I became a bit restless recently and decided that my next drone would be a Phantom 5, whenever it's released, and decided that until then I wanted a change. Thus, I put the MPP up for sale and ordered an Autel Evo. The Evo hasn't arrived yet and the MPP was sold a few days ago. The latter event provoked my post as the new owner called on Friday to let me know he noticed that 3 of the batteries (the 3 that came with the Fly More bundle) have a slight "belly" on the bottom. I really hadn't noticed the deformity and the batteries fit the bird perfectly and continue to hold the charge as they did on day 1. Six months into my MPP ownership I purchased a 4th battery, but that one appears to be in perfect shape, no pun intended. I never never landed with the battery below 20% charge, would charge all batteries after each use, had them programmed to discharge at 10 days, and stored the drone and batteries in my air conditioned home. In essence, my question is: Why did this happen? What did I do wrong? The other part of my question is: Did I screw up by selling the MPP and buying the Evo? I would very much appreciate your feedback.

You should have keep the MPP and just buy the Evo to have a second aircraft. This is what I did. I have the mavic pro and the Evo. They both work differently but love it. I also recently bought a spark at a great price. Still waiting for the sparky to arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Have the new owner take pictures and post them up here. The bottom of the battery is a bad place for them to puff, because it sometimes makes it hard to latch the battery in.

Reactions: macoman
You should have keep the MPP and just buy the Evo to have a second aircraft. This is what I did. I have the mavic pro and the Evo. They both work differently but love it. I also recently bought a spark at a great price. Still waiting for the sparky to arrive.
Any thoughts regarding the battery issue?

Any thoughts regarding the battery issue?
You kept your batteries in AC and wondering if perhaps the other person who bought it. Maybe it flew the drone and overheat the battery.

You kept your batteries in AC and wondering if perhaps the other person who bought it. Maybe it flew the drone and overheat the battery.
No, I doubt it. He's only had it for a day or 2 and the problem extends to 3 batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31