DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple app crashes using dji go 4 yesterday

Hmm, that's not my experience. I have had the controller stop controlling the aircraft after an app problem. Most of the time that hasn't been the case, but it has happened to me. Powering off the controller and restarting it restored the connection.
Not discounting your experiences, but I have had the Go app crash on me but I've never lost connection.
It stands to reason that the signal between the controller and the craft shouldn't have anything to do with the app because you can fly without connecting a phone/tablet with the Go app, at all.
Could it be your experience was more a problem with your controller than it was the app?
I can see where the controller losing functionality could effect the app.

But in reality, who knows. I have things happen to me that have no reasonable explanation. :)

Not discounting your experiences, but I have had the Go app crash on me but I've never lost connection.
It stands to reason that the signal between the controller and the craft shouldn't have anything to do with the app because you can fly without connecting a phone/tablet with the Go app, at all.
Could it be your experience was more a problem with your controller than it was the app?
I can see where the controller losing functionality could effect the app.

But in reality, who knows. I have things happen to me that have no reasonable explanation. :)
I think it has happened twice. But that was when I was having a lot of trouble with the app. After downgrading the app for a while, then upgrading it again, everything has been behaving much better. I also saw where disabling local caching of the video helped others, so I did that too.

Before flying, I clear the recent apps and enable airplane mode on the phone. Since doing all this, I've had only one app disconnect and that was when flying close to an upstairs window on my home where my dual band cable modem is located. I've had no other issues.

I'm still a long way from completely trusting this stuff though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman