DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Controller is Charging My Phone?

Newlands

Reactions
Hi,
The controller on my Mavic Pro seems to be charging my phone? When I plug it in to my Nexus 7 tablet (micro USB) or my Pixel 2 phone (USB C) the device shows the charging symbol, and the battery on my controller goes down faster than my drone... Is this normal behavior? Is there anything I can do to make the controller stop charging my devices?
Thanks!
-Donald

Simmo, Thanks, but it doesn't matter how much of a charge my phone has. At 99%, it will still show "charging" when plugged into the controller. Is it normal for the remote controller to be charging the phone?

There is no setting to disable that behavior. Some people claim it can be prevented by rooting the Android device, but I've never tried it.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I rooted my Tab A tablet and I just plugged it in to the RC and the charge light still comes on

Yeah rooting doesn't seem to help. If you start out at a full battery on the phone/tablet it'll still show charging but the current draw won't deplete the controller battery as quickly.

Hi,
The controller on my Mavic Pro seems to be charging my phone? When I plug it in to my Nexus 7 tablet (micro USB) or my Pixel 2 phone (USB C) the device shows the charging symbol, and the battery on my controller goes down faster than my drone... Is this normal behavior? Is there anything I can do to make the controller stop charging my devices?
Thanks!
-Donald
I noticed this same problem when I first got my MP and tried to use my Samsung Tab S3 tablet. I tried turning on "Developer" options, then playing around with the USB host settings - nothing would stop the tablet from pulling current from the RC controller. I even called DJI and they admitted they get tons of calls for this problem and the only suggestion they had was to keep everything fully charged. Crap - the 9.7 inch Samsung tablet pulls the controller voltage down faster than the all the other batteries. I dare say, I could not fly the MP for 2 batteries worth without having the RC battery die while flying. In any case, I just happened to be looking at the back of the box the MP came in and it says right on it "The Mavic Pro is optimized to work with Apple devices". I then plug my 10.5 inch iPad in (after downloading the Apple version of the software), and no more drain on the RC!

Such a simple solution - if you happen to own an iPad!
Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998