DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My experience with 1.20, then 1.21

RocketmanTurbo

Reactions
First updated to v.1.20.
Symptoms = big time video lag, unstable altitude varying a foot up and down, shorter range, all the typical reported symptoms. Then, updated to v.1.2.1, and related firmwar and battery update alerts.

Took her out for a spin yesterday 11-15-20........ Smooth flight, I did (for the heck of it), a compass calibration. No obvious control issues or any other issues. One minor glitch is that Tripod mode is still called Cine mode but I can live with that.

Just thought I would report this, if its any help.
MA2, Samsung TabS4 10.5 inch.

p.s. Prior to downloading v.1.2.0, I did a range test with a spotter, over water. 11,393 feet. When I have the opportunity, I will try this exact flight again.

First updated to v.1.20.
Symptoms = big time video lag, unstable altitude varying a foot up and down, shorter range, all the typical reported symptoms. Then, updated to v.1.2.1, and related firmwar and battery update alerts.

Took her out for a spin yesterday 11-15-20........ Smooth flight, I did (for the heck of it), a compass calibration. No obvious control issues or any other issues. One minor glitch is that Tripod mode is still called Cine mode but I can live with that.

Just thought I would report this, if its any help.
MA2, Samsung TabS4 10.5 inch.

p.s. Prior to downloading v.1.2.0, I did a range test with a spotter, over water. 11,393 feet. When I have the opportunity, I will try this exact flight again.
To add to your experience, my Fly app is 1.2.1. I'm flying with my Note 10+. I had reverted back to 1.1.9 before flying over the weekend near Sedona due to all the issues reported here and had no issues. Only firmware update my MA2 has is the one it did just after I bought it a month ago, not sure what versions. I noticed it updated to 1.2.1 so I took it out a few minutes ago and while I didn't go big on distance, I had no big issues. A little glitchy about a half mile away as I was turning but I am in Phoenix, so there is that.... Hopefully DJI has got their **** figured out now.

Reactions: RocketmanTurbo
I'm using the DJI Mavic Mini 1 (CE) and have done 2 tests with the updated Fly App on 1.2.1. Weather conditions a bit windy and overcast but in more of less the same conditions using the 1.1.10 (with range extender 5.8GHZ yagi), I could achieve 1,700 meters clear in semi-rural. In both tests using the update (v1.2.1 - without range extenders for one flight and then with 2.4GHZ range extender for the other flight) for the same flight path Im encountering continued air interference notifications and bad video lag after 300 meters. Could there be other circumstances? I'm going to try with range extenders, etc...

Anyone else have issue with their MM on v1.2.1?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000