DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My files are not recognised by my Macbook

engy

Reactions
Hi Everyone!

I'm a new droner here. And I got my first batch of footage to transfer over to view and edit on a Macbook Pro 2012 directly from the Mavic via USB.

Once the mavic is switched on, a drive appears and I see jpgs and mov files. Dragging them out caused an error massage. I managed to copy one jpg though after a just trying one file at a time but, it isn't recognised or openable in anyway.

What do I not understand here?

Thanks for any advise.

Can you take out the card and use a file reader.
Files are very large and take a long time to transfer by usb.
Not sure that's your problem though, jPGs are JPGs and the .MOV files are not unusual
When recording it's important to stop recording and give it a minute to close the file before shutting down

Reconnect your phone/device to Mavic through controller, preview your photos etc on DJI Go in camera mode.
This will reinstate the files.
Reconnect to your mac via USB and that should fix it. Wait a little before you try to transfer them one at a time.
Worked for me when I forgot to stop recording before I powered off the Mavic once.

Can you take out the card and use a file reader.
Files are very large and take a long time to transfer by usb.
Not sure that's your problem though, jPGs are JPGs and the .MOV files are not unusual
When recording it's important to stop recording and give it a minute to close the file before shutting down

I haven't gone down the card reader route yet as I could in fact get to the files. And it should be possible as I've seen on videos and other posts...

Last edited:
Reconnect your phone/device to Mavic through controller, preview your photos etc on DJI Go in camera mode.
This will reinstate the files.
Reconnect to your mac via USB and that should fix it. Wait a little before you try to transfer them one at a time.
Worked for me when I forgot to stop recording before I powered off the Mavic once.

Can you tell me how to go into camera mode? A little step by step?

Sorry am new. And the manual is no good at all.

Thanks for any help.

7d243db098c7c5ded15ab156ab7e0a35.jpg

When the app is connected to Mavic and you can see the camera view of the Mavic, press the little triangle, bottom right of screen to preview your videos and photos stored on the SD card, previewing them should reinstate any corrupted ones and you should be able to transfer them via USB when you connect the Mavic to your mac again.
When you first connect to your mac and open the folder, wait a while so they load up properly before you try to transfer them.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Bunny Too
Don't download via USB. As stated above, it's dreadfully slow, but also you are wearing down your drone battery to do it.

Best practice is to have two SD cards -- one with the files you are downloading via the card reader on your computer, and another that you can put in the drone so that you can continue to fly while offloading the first one. Also, re-format your card after each upload.

Also, for all things Mavic, including links to better tutorials, start here: DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help

Last edited:
7d243db098c7c5ded15ab156ab7e0a35.jpg

When the app is connected to Mavic and you can see the camera view of the Mavic, press the little triangle, bottom right of screen to preview your videos and photos stored on the SD card, previewing them should reinstate any corrupted ones and you should be able to transfer them via USB when you connect the Mavic to your mac again.
When you first connect to your mac and open the folder, wait a while so they load up properly before you try to transfer them.
Hope this helps

Thank you Mavkeb. That has worked.

I previewed all the content and they even opened up in Photos. However it's slow so I think I'll go out and by a card reader. I've heard that it's faster and my mavic doesn't have to be wearing out the motor next to me. Don't feel comfortable with it getting hot in my little studio.

Reactions: Mavkeb
Don't download via USB. As stated above, it's dreadfully slow, but also you are wearing down your drone battery to do it.

Best practice is to have two SD cards -- one with the files you are downloading via the card reader on your computer, and another that you can put in the drone so that you can continue to fly while offloading the first one. Also, re-format your card after each upload.

Also, for all things Mavic, including links to better tutorials, start here: DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help

Thank you.

Good advice altogether. Gonna buy those things now!

And check the newbie tips tutorials too!

Reactions: Mavkeb
Thank you Mavkeb. That has worked.

I previewed all the content and they even opened up in Photos. However it's slow so I think I'll go out and by a card reader. I've heard that it's faster and my mavic doesn't have to be wearing out the motor next to me. Don't feel comfortable with it getting hot in my little studio.
You don't need to buy a card reader -- you have one on your MacBook already. You'll need a microSd card adapter, but those come with new microSD cards anyways, so just go buy another card.

Reactions: Mavkeb and engy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54