DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My first attempt at a video with my MA2.

spsphotos

Reactions
Footage is from Lock 8 of the Erie Canal in Schenectady, NY. I actually have been doing a lot of still photography there and at other locks this year (never crowded so no worries about covid..lol).

Enjoy. Constructive feedback always welcome. Note that this was the first time I used Premiere Pro so be gentle. :)

Great first video Sean. It moved along quickly, keeping me engaged and the film work was nice and smooth. You also had music and a good variety of shots, such as an approach shot, pan up/down reveals, birds eye views, POI, and a nice tracking reveal shot to end the vid.

For constructive feedback, I would probably add “Schenectady New York (NY)” into the YouTube title, to increase your views coming from YouTube searches.

Another idea would possibly be to add a short Hyperlapse section of a boat travelling through the loch gates. In real time that usually takes 5 mins? If you Hyperlapsed it, you could speed that up to say 10 secs.

Reactions: Captain Zipper
Really nice. MA2 is such a great drone even before considering the price point.

Great first video Sean. It moved along quickly, keeping me engaged and the film work was nice and smooth. You also had music and a good variety of shots, such as an approach shot, pan up/down reveals, birds eye views, POI, and a nice tracking reveal shot to end the vid.

For constructive feedback, I would probably add “Schenectady New York (NY)” into the YouTube title, to increase your views coming from YouTube searches.

Another idea would possibly be to add a short Hyperlapse section of a boat travelling through the loch gates. In real time that usually takes 5 mins? If you Hyperlapsed it, you could speed that up to say 10 secs.
Thought about tracking a boat through the lock but it's hit or miss this time of year. :). Might have to spend all day waiting for one. Summer months would be easier as there are a lot of recreational crafts going up and down the Mohawk.

Very nice flying and footage! I thought the fisherman kind of detracted from the feel of the rest of the video. Also, try to cut to the beat of the music. Your music has a very strong beat with lots of natural cut points. I pick the music first and then edit to it. To me, it makes the creation process flow naturally.

Reactions: ArthurC
I agree with using the music for scene change cues, especially with upbeat music like that. My only big suggestion is the pan shot when you flew to the left in front of the dam looked like you slowed it down too much and the dam and the bridge got choppy. It was a little distracting and didn't flow as well as your other shots. I loved the shot with the stationary drone and boat driving under it near the end. Great stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82