DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My MA2 got hit by a powerful laser.

Mannypenny843

Reactions
First time posting on this forum. I got really mad at the moment and flew where the guy was lasering from. Maybe not a good idea, but luckily I didn't find anything wrong with the camera sensor. I was so mad when it happened but cooled off. Well here are a couple of pictures I took that night. Video link:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• DJI_0487.JPG
    DJI_0487.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 276
  • DJI_0481.JPG
    DJI_0481.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 270
You can and should probably do it with the FAA. It might be some kid in his backyard having fun but WE as drone users seem to get bullied around a lot. This is a situation where probably the person in the wrong should be published rather than the pilot. Hopefully you were doing everything legal too.

If the FAA would not do anything with the video he has I'd be surprised.

The question of whether or not the FAA will go after the pointer aside, I am curious as to why the OP seemed to remain in the vicinity of the pointer and turned the camera back towards them several times? I'd have though it was wiser to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible.

I can imagine a laser being dangerous for the camera but could it cause damage to the drone that could bring the drone down? If so then pointing a laser at a drone in flight surely constitutes an attack on an aircraft in flight, doesn't it?
Of course if pointing a laser at a drone poses no risk of causing crash-causing-damage to the aircraft then maybe the FAA wont be bothered

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
The question of whether or not the FAA will go after the pointer aside, I am curious as to why you seemed to remain in the vicinity of the pointer and turned the camera back towards them several times? I'd have though it was wiser to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible.

I can imagine a laser being dangerous for the camera but could it cause damage to the drone that could bring the drone down? If so then pointing a laser at a drone in flight surely constitutes an attack on an aircraft in flight, doesn't it?
Of course if pointing a laser at a drone poses no risk of causing crash-causing-damage to the aircraft then maybe the FAA wont be bothered
Stop assuming and look up the laws.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeberan56