DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 2 Zoom was stolen!!

Reactions
I work offshore and just before I left I sent my Zoom in for repair , I’m the one that posted my first venture out didn’t go so well. Well I was smart and purchased the refresh, I sent it in a day before I left to come offshore, well about a week ago it was shipped and once they narrowed down my shipping date I logged into ups.com signed online for the drone and left specific instructions for the guy to leave on back porch because no one was home. I called my wife and told her the package should be on the back porch, I did get a confirmation that it was delivered at 1712 hrs and left on back porch, this came through my email. Well it wasn’t there. I called UPS and for some reason they can’t investigate it has to be done by DJI. I’m at a loss I don’t have nothing but disappointment at this time. Can DJI track my drone if someone trieds to fly it since its registered to me??

Stinkin porch pirates hit the jackpot on this one. I'd be in contact immedialtly with my insurance agent (if your deductable is reasonable) - in the case DJI can not track it or won't replace. That is just awful.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Can DJI track my drone if someone trieds to fly it since its registered to me??
Normal, you get a new unit after „repair“ and it is on default settings. You first have to activate it, ... so unfortunately, it doesn’t have your registration.

But maybe they can track or identify the serial number of the new drone.

I think, DJI ship their parcels insured, so they will be responsible for sending you a replacement for the lost / stolen package.

Heads up! I suppose everything is going to be fine

DJI do not track nor lock aircraft in similar cases, there have been others before of course who also posted their stories here.

I think, DJI ship their parcels insured, so they will be responsible for sending you a replacement for the lost / stolen package.
They do but by instructing to leave on porch he invalidated any protection.

Guess there’s not much I can do then , I’m out. That really sucks I saved awhile to get that

Drone not stolen after all, the UPS guy that delivered it didn’t leave it but marked it as delivered , then waited for some reason to try and deliver today??? My wife got home and the slip was in the **** mail box dated for today and they would try one more time before they sent it back to DJI, so i was extremely happy I’m getting my drone back but very upset @ UPS for their actions, they made me believe my drone was taken then waited 4 days to try and redeliver , makes no sense to me at all.

Word to the wise: If UPS is delivering something valuable and no one will be home have it held at their local hub or at least a UPS store and pick it up there.

This is why I have a camera system. 1 on each corner, 1 on the front porch and 1 looking down the open fence line.

Failing that the ring doorbell is pretty sweet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev