DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Air Activetracks downhill!

Kromano

Reactions
I have been reading lots of threads and vlogs that say Mavic Air Activetrack doesn’t follow downhill, which was disappointing because I want mine to follow me skiing. I tested it for the first time today, following my son down a steep hill and at descended perfectly, below the home point, no problem! However, it was unable to ascend when he turned back up the hill. Comments welcome. Looking forward to ski season!

Where are you intending to use it while skiing? Most ski resorts in Europe are total no fly zones!

I know I'm resurrecting an old post, so I hope you're still around.

My son and I would like to use the MA in active track mode to follow us downhill longboarding. The best case scenario would be starting it in SmartCapture, making sure it's locked on to us and then just heading downhill. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about having the controller along. But, this is a little scary.

Have you had a chance to test this out further? We will, of course, try it walking, running, and biking before relying on active track to follow us hands-free, but I'd love to hear your experiences to know if we're going to run into trouble.

Thanks!

Hello ! Pardon me for borrowing this thread to post my question as I just have one minor question in mind regarding active track.

I tried ActiveTrack a few times by now, and just only last night I used it again and I want to see if I can still move my aircraft direction / go up and down while ActiveTrack is tracking the subject from behind / infront, is it actually meant to be use in that sense ? Because Trace originally is use to film the subject from the back / front, so that got me thinking, should ActiveTrack purpose be only use if I want to film myself ? Because based on what I tested, I could've done what ActiveTrack is doing manually if I'm filming someone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe