DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro 2 is Dangerous during compass calibration.

That should not be necessary, and there was almost certainly a direct cause of the motor start in this case. However, since the OP is apparently not going to post the log file it is going to remain unknown.
This happened while I was in the middle of the desert away from civilization 2 weeks ago. I have not learned how to post the log file ether. Sorta at a loss here. I'm going to get it out and try to find it. Might take a while

Reactions: sar104
Wow, sorry that happened to you! I haven't heard of that happening while doing a compass calibration before. Our procedure is to typically keep the props off as well when we are not immediately ready to fly. Lesson learned at least!

Reactions: DRCRAWL
Agreed - there's no functionality to start the props without either activation by CSC or the auto takeoff button. The flight DAT log will show the cause of the motor start.
I think I found the log file. On that date it says Error_Pop_Log. as the file name i think. When i go to open it, I dont have the app to read it. Any ideas how to decode it?

I think I found the log file. On that date it says Error_Pop_Log. as the file name i think. When i go to open it, I dont have the app to read it. Any ideas how to decode it?

No - that's not it. You need to start with the mobile device txt log. Take a look at this post for instructions:

No - that's not it. You need to start with the mobile device txt log. Take a look at this post for instructions:

The log is not there. I have the video i shot right after this happened (calibration) I have the time stamp, but the text file is missing that whole day. This happened on the 16th. The text files goes from the 12th to the 19th. But when I go to "LOG" one of the files named ERROR_POP_LOG has the 16th in it. Even the "FlightRecord" is missing from that day as well and yet I have the video on my monitor as I type this.

Thoughts?

Thank you btw

The log is not there. I have the video i shot right after this happened (calibration) I have the time stamp, but the text file is missing that whole day. This happened on the 16th. The text files goes from the 12th to the 19th. But when I go to "LOG" one of the files named ERROR_POP_LOG has the 16th in it. Even the "FlightRecord" is missing from that day as well and yet I have the video on my monitor as I type this.

Thoughts?

Thank you btw

Are you sure that you are looking in the correct directory?

On iOS devices the flight txt logs are in Apps » DJI GO 4 » FlightRecords. On Android devices they are in DJI » dji.go.v4 » FlightRecord.

And FlightRecord is the directory, not a file, so it cannot be missing for a particular day. That's the directory that you need to look in. Looking elsewhere is a futile exercise, no matter what dates you may find associated with other files.

Reactions: marcomcarneiro
Are you sure that you are looking in the correct directory?

On iOS devices the flight txt logs are in Apps » DJI GO 4 » FlightRecords. On Android devices they are in DJI » dji.go.v4 » FlightRecord.

And FlightRecord is the directory, not a file, so it cannot be missing for a particular day. That's the directory that you need to look in. Looking elsewhere is a futile exercise, no matter what dates you may find associated with other files.

Attachments

• 15854205141147247929826547486049.jpg
    15854205141147247929826547486049.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 34
Coming from an RC helicopter background, with helis large enough to decapitate, I would never leave the blades (mains or tails) on for any non-flight operations, indoors or out. Those good habits have crossed over to my drones, whether they are warranted or not. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: JAW
It seems as im in the correct place. I have attached a photo of my TabA screen

So it wasn't an actual flight - hence no txt log. If the MCDatFlightRecords directory is there then see if you can find the DAT file, which is what we were going to be looking for anyway.

I’ve done countless compass calibrations and have never ever had the props spin without warning. The only times they have spun was on a very windy mountain and when I was holding it at an angle. Apart from that they never spin during the compass calibration so something’s not right with the OP’s incident.

I’ve done countless compass calibrations and have never ever had the props spin without warning. The only times they have spun was on a very windy mountain and when I was holding it at an angle. Apart from that they never spin during the compass calibration so something’s not right with the OP’s incident.
[/QUOTE
Was it windy? I was getting ready to fly one time and the wind caught the props and spun them like it was running. Cut my finger good.

Was it windy? I was getting ready to fly one time and the wind caught the props and spun them like it was running. Cut my finger good.

Yes, it was quite windy with strong gusts of wind blowing up the side of a mountain, enough to make the propellers spin pretty fast. All I did was adjust the way I was holding my MP2 and the propellers stopped spinning. It’s all to do with the angle at which the wind hits the propellers and is easily stopped.

Yes, it was quite windy with strong gusts of wind blowing up the side of a mountain, enough to make the propellers spin pretty fast. All I did was adjust the way I was holding my MP2 and the propellers stopped spinning. It’s all to do with the angle at which the wind hits the propellers and is easily stopped.
It was probably just the wind then that caused the props to spin. I suppose it could be fast enough to cause a cut.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos