DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Was Shot Out of the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea you Canadians have been able to get good Cuban's for years eh.... When I lived in VT I used to go to Montreal all the time to get my fix....

Reactions: mikeharmon18
Yes, to be clear, I'm in Vancouver, Washington, United States of America. I do appreciate the breakdown on small claims though. I will consider it as an option.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Aw ****, this is getting too complicated.

Just go next door and shoot the guy's cat. Even Steven.

:D

I still don't think it would be a good idea for the OP to post the video. There are too many unresolved parts to this story, most of them listed in the comments (some even by lawyers). I'm dying to see it too, but I think bleedgr33n is making the right call for now. Unfortunately it sounds like we might end up with a drone shot out of the sky and no repercussions, legal or financial, at this point. It sounds like a civil suit would be the way to go. But, if you're dealing with someone who wouldn't have the money to pay you even if you win, then you're talking about garnished wages potentially, and then you're handcuffed to this ******** for the next who knows how long. Sucks, but probably better to just walk away in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Static8
View media item 859
I still don't think it would be a good idea for the OP to post the video. There are too many unresolved parts to this story, most of them listed in the comments (some even by lawyers). I'm dying to see it too, but I think bleedgr33n is making the right call for now. Unfortunately it sounds like we might end up with a drone shot out of the sky and no repercussions, legal or financial, at this point. It sounds like a civil suit would be the way to go. But, if you're dealing with someone who wouldn't have the money to pay you even if you win, then you're talking about garnished wages potentially, and then you're handcuffed to this jackass for the next who knows how long. Sucks, but probably better to just walk away in my humble opinion.

I know it's the principle of the thing, but boone might be right. You are dealing with a possible drug dealer, you might wake up with a horses head in your bed or your house burned down.

Reactions: freddiebebop11
I'm not concerned @rstekeur. I have to wait for the end of the week to hear from the prosecutors office, and I am waiting a return call from a lawyer. If I'm going to end up with no chance of a case, there's no hurt in exhausting all my options first. I'm not going to end up any worse off. After I speak with a lawyer with some advice, I will decide when to post. Sorry it's taken so long. I can only make others go so fast and I'm not going to risk anything by posting it. Once it's out there, I can't get it back.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Screenshot, video or something? Just curious. Not reposting or anything.

One of my coworkers apparently seen my mavic hovering over the river and threatened to shoot it down next time. Well if he does ill be seeing him in court. And im sure he will get charges against him for discharging a firearm like that. If he shoots it down it would be in public as no one owns the river so im sure id win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos