DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic2 IS DOWN IN THE RIVER

I've been in this forum recently. I registered to count my loss. The loss of my MAVIC PRO, in a river. What I have done so that you do not have a drone, we know that we can help you and you better. Also, I knew that there are very nice people here and they helped me to know if it happened. I even put the video link of the moment of the accident. Now I have a mavic 2 zoom and I have only tried half a battery. Due to the weather I could not fly again. Although he tells me that I'm afraid to get him out of the house. I am seeing and reading many accidents and, although I think many are 'fault' of the pilots, for example, not knowing the device well ... there are many others that can be a problem of the device itself. That's why it's important that you let most experts see your TXT so you know what happened and help others. I still hope to find it when the river flows low, I liked it a lot. It tells us more or less the economic part, but I also like it a lot more because I like it. regards

As I said, I'm away from home for two days so I can't post the detailed log. Unfortunately my holidays have a lump in my throat. Thank's all for the support

Open a support case with DJI and sync your flight logs from GO so they can look at them. If it's pilot error (like my recent mishap) they may at least offer you a 15% discount off an aircraft only purchase which comes out to about $1,150. Yah it REALLY sucks and hurts to first lose that much just to throw more money at it but trust me you'll feel better over time.

We all know this is a high risk expensive hobby and I came to terms with this early on. Now if this happens to me again ... I'm probably done for good but I've been flying for nearly 5 years, have my 107 and enjoy it too much to quit!

My replacement M2P will be here this week and my stomach will be in a knot every time I fly it for a long time.

I have already read about many incidents similar to mine where unfortunately dji has only made a small discount. Youtube is full and various forums - I don't care about the discount, I am deeply disappointed

I am thankful to those pilots who upload their crash flight logs.... I always learn from the experts who analize the data. Although 95% of the time, there was a pilot error, oversight or avoidable situation, i have never seen a pilot critized. They are learning experiences that can benefit all of us...

But bottom line for you is what? Complain out loud, make blanket statements that the Mavic failed, and for all us to listen, accept that the mavic failed for no reason, and keep our mouths shut..... ??

if you want help.... it is here.... if you only want to complain... you did

i know the pain............... I lost my 1st mavic.... but never crashed my 2nd... knock on wood...

I have been flying my mavic pro platinum over the Mississippi and that is my worst fear. So sorry for your loss I really hope DJI replaces it.

I read in post #6 where you mentioned "The drone rotated only on itself and went down", and being over a river I was wondering if one of the blades might have clipped a tree branch and broke one of the props? I've seen this causes the drone to spin on itself like a top and also in a few cases it can hover while spinning. I know this doesn't help much and I am very sympathetic for your anguish. Please share your log file so we can better understand the failure in the hopes others may avoid a similar fate.

As I said, I'm away from home for two days so I can't post the detailed log. Unfortunately my holidays have a lump in my throat. Thank's all for the support

A few didn't pick up on your reply above, it will be interesting to see why this happened.

I too have to get my brother in laws flight logs from his device tonight and post a link up, he crashed his Air a couple of sunsets ago, so need to find out why it was rolling (straight into a cliff) and not yawing as he says he was doing.

You never know what the log detectives on this forum will find out for you.

Last edited:
I am seriously considering upgrading my Mavic air to a Mavic 2 pro and since you posted your unfortunate incident it would be helpful to others to learn from your loss. Please post your log so we can all benefit from this.
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
im very interested in seeing my flight logs also but I use a smart controller with aM2P. I have never gotten instructions on how to do it.

Any help on this?

"what can it change" HA! be careful what you say ;) there are some amazing and very selfless members on this forum.

I am living "PROOF" that it can change!!!

I lost my drone in what I was convinced! was a pilot error loss... WRONG!

After some prodding by the forum guru's, I posted my flight logs here knowing I was going to be embarrassed by my stupidity, several of the "smart/helpful/selfless/amazing..." folks took a look at them. The "interrupters of the squiggly lines" determined it was no fault of mine. Armed with the information gathered here I filed a claim with DJI... Took a month total, but I now have a new drone WARRANTIED at NO COST TO ME. Btw my drone was never recovered from the bottom of a lake.

If I can give anyone here any useful advice.... LISTEN to these guys, no matter how much they bust your chops, they have your best interest at heart.

My turn to "thank them"... ONE MORE TIME! Thumbswayup

"what can it change" HA! be careful what you say ;) there are some amazing and very selfless members on this forum.

I am living "PROOF" that it can change!!!

I lost my drone in what I was convinced! was a pilot error loss... WRONG!

After some prodding by the forum guru's, I posted my flight logs here knowing I was going to be embarrassed by my stupidity, several of the "smart/helpful/selfless/amazing..." folks took a look at them. The "interrupters of the squiggly lines" determined it was no fault of mine. Armed with the information gathered here I filed a claim with DJI... Took a month total, but I now have a new drone WARRANTIED at NO COST TO ME. Btw my drone was never recovered from the bottom of a lake.

If I can give anyone here any useful advice.... LISTEN to these guys, no matter how much they bust your chops, they have your best interest at heart.

My turn to "thank them"... ONE MORE TIME! Thumbswayup

It's worth revisiting as an illustration of usefulness of the flight logs:

I try not to relive the first page or two ;)

Reactions: Chip and sar104
About three time ago while flying my Mavic Pro Platinum it got about 10' off the ground and it started landing itself. Neither of the control sticks had any effect on the landing. I was over ground and not water like you though. I brushed it off and flew it one more time that day, no problem. I was looking at the post to try to find out if anyone else had had that problem. One person did and he did not have his phone in the airplane mode, neither did I. When ever I fly mine now it is in the airplane mode. Of course that doesn't help your problem, but anyone else who may read this.......it may help!

Reactions: ayapov
About three time ago while flying my Mavic Pro Platinum it got about 10' off the ground and it started landing itself. Neither of the control sticks had any effect on the landing. I was over ground and not water like you though. I brushed it off and flew it one more time that day, no problem. I was looking at the post to try to find out if anyone else had had that problem. One person did and he did not have his phone in the airplane mode, neither did I. When ever I fly mine now it is in the airplane mode. Of course that doesn't help your problem, but anyone else who may read this.......it may help!

It is what happened to me but unfortunately the drone was 20 meters above the river . I cannot be sure that I have no fault and as soon as I can I will post my flight log here. I want to point out that the drone was spinning on itself because I moved the sticks in every way trying to keep it in flight. Unfortunately it only allowed rotation and lateral displacement movements. The landing lasted only a few seconds ...

I was looking at the post to try to find out if anyone else had had that problem. One person did and he did not have his phone in the airplane mode, neither did I. When ever I fly mine now it is in the airplane mode
Airplane mode (or not) would make no difference.
The only way to solve the puzzle is to look into the flight data.

Always buy insurance. It is so cheap. I had my used Mavic Pro only for two months and hit a tree and had to file a claim which was handled speedily. And with a Mavic Pro 2 - wow, those are so expensive I can't imagine having any fun flying without insurance.

Reactions: MavicMikeK
I agree, get drone insurance and liability insurance, I have both. State Farm and AMA Club liability. Because life throws curve balls at you when you least expect it...

Reactions: Thomas B
Insurance in Spain, for drones, are still very expensive. Still the insurance companies have it clear. Many offer cheap insurance but if you fly in an aeromodelling club. Sooner or later I'm sure they will have them but for now they are prohibitive. We are talking about € 300

Wow, that is expensive! Here in Georgia, USA it only cost $60 for State Farm drone insurance and $65 for AMA Club membership each for one year. My AMA RC club dues are an additional $40/yr but that includes use of their 80 acre flying field, clubhouse, free BBQ meals at meetings once a month and great comrades to chat & fly with which is priceless. Here is a video of our club field.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown