DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mysterious Drone Swarms in Colorado

Watched a news program where they interviewed a drone lawyer (who needed a haircut bad)... say it was illegal to shoot down a drone... I actually question that... it depends.... and then this expert never mentioned that the drones themselves were probably illegal....
Because shooting at things you can't identify or don't understand is a normal thing to do??

Reactions: Prismatic
Saw a flock of them one night here in southeast Iowa last year. Didn't recognize it as a flock of drones at first, just a dead silent flying "V" overhead with lights, moving quickly across the sky. It was weird to see the lighted "V", without any other obstruction of the night sky than the lights. Probably about 30 - 40 of them in the flock and at the end, they headed towards our little regional airport, less than 1/2 mile away.

Somebody is outfitting geese with lights. Mystery solved.

Seriously people, we need to figure out if they're aliens or not! ?

There are numerous eyewitnesses. That's literally the opposite of hearsay.
If you don't like the word hearsay, we can call them anecdotes. Where are the pictures or videos of up to 30 drones flying in specific patterns?

Reactions: Prismatic
If you don't like the word hearsay, we can call them anecdotes. Where are the pictures or videos of up to 30 drones flying in specific patterns?
Yeah, no, that video has conspicuously not emerged. The best video you'll find is of a single fuzzy bright light in a featureless black field. Its movement--if any--is anyone's guess.

There are numerous eyewitnesses. That's literally the opposite of hearsay.

I don't know what you think hearsay is but taking account of third party witnesses is exactly what hearsay is:

The opposite of hearsay would be actual concrete evidence (photos, videos etc.) which seem to be lacking in this case as they always area with drone cases despite the prevalence of mobile recording devices. While cameras can be faked eyewitness testimony has been found to be unreliable and its suitability as a form of evidence is being increasingly questioned.

I don't know what you think hearsay is but taking account of third party witnesses is exactly what hearsay is:

The opposite of hearsay would be actual concrete evidence (photos, videos etc.) which seem to be lacking in this case as they always area with drone cases despite the prevalence of mobile recording devices. While cameras can be faked eyewitness testimony has been found to be unreliable and its suitability as a form of evidence is being increasingly questioned.

Oh dear - you should have read your own link before posting. Eye-witness testimony is not hearsay. Hearsay is witness accounts of what other people said to them.

I teach evidence law to law students and lawyers. I am well aware of what hearsay is (also, hearsay is more often than not admissible in court, but we're not in court here, so no matter). What you're talking about is the distinction between testimony and real/documentary evidence, which is different from the hearsay doctrine.

I will say that I agree that eye-witness testimony is often unreliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
Because shooting at things you can't identify or don't understand is a normal thing to do??
Apparently it happens a lot; quite a few people get killed by hunters after being mistaken for deer. A father and young daughter were just killed that way on New Years day.

Always wear bright colors if you are in a hunting area, especially during open season!

This news report has some actual footage (allegedly)

Doesn't look like drones to me....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerider
How do they know the lights aren't planes? From that footage, there is no way to tell how wide the wingspan is. Also, Is there a high buzzing sound, or a low grumbling engine sound? They don't say any of this. I see lights in the sky almost every night. Do I think they're drones? Nope.

How do they know the lights aren't planes? From that footage, there is no way to tell how wide the wingspan is. Also, Is there a high buzzing sound, or a low grumbling engine sound? They don't say any of this. I see lights in the sky almost every night. Do I think they're drones? Nope.

And yet multiple reports from actual eyewitnesses indicate that they almost certainly are drones. But your preferred alternative, apparently because you haven't read much at all about this subject, is planes, flying and hovering in formation?

Reactions: Lastrexking
When they were originally spotted I thought they could be practicing for an alternate firework Drone display but if its still happening who knows! Id be sketched out by it! Also if it were happening for more than one night why not fly other drones to see what they were? Id have any Drone up the first night personally with a bunker snagger and a spool of fishing string to pull one of those home! ?

My 'conspiracy theory' about this is that it is a faa/gov/corporate psy-op. The timing is perfect to coincide with the FAA's Remote ID NPRM to support the need for a way to positively identify those pesky/annoying drones that are endangering the public and the airlines! They want us to think that if we only had the new proposed rules, then we could solve these kinds of 'mysteries'! Do you get my drift? It is a Psy-Op for sure. I know it is because I thought it up while wearing my tin foil hat!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242