DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

N00b Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerroger

Reactions
I am asking this regarding the MM, but I assume it applies to most DJI (or Autel) models. My use case here is a stationary position above a soccer field, while I myself am playing in a pickup game. (I create highlight reels of weekly pickup games.) Theoretically, when the power gets critically low, the drone SHOULD return to the position/area it was launched from, correct? TIA.

Just be aware of that if the drone are within 20 meters from the homepoint it will land were it is without flying to the HP ... make sure that's ok or position it outside the 20 meter radius witch will trigger it to fly back to the HP.

Also pay attention to your set RTH altitude so that clears obstacles in the path to the HP. If the drone are at lower altitude then set RTH altitude the drone will start the RTH by ascending ... make sure that this is ok & you don't have any obstacle above the drone.

RTH procedure when triggered:

Within 20m radius: It lands immediately
Outside 20m radius: It ascends to the RTH altitude (if the present drone altitude is higher then set RTH altitude it will not change altitude) followed by a adjustment of orientation then transport to HP.

Thanks,
Just be aware of that if the drone are within 20 meters from the homepoint it will land were it is without flying to the HP ... make sure that's ok or position it outside the 20 meter radius witch will trigger it to fly back to the HP.

Also pay attention to your set RTH altitude so that clears obstacles in the path to the HP. If the drone are at lower altitude then set RTH altitude the drone will start the RTH by ascending ... make sure that this is ok & you don't have any obstacle above the drone.

RTH procedure when triggered:

Within 20m radius: It lands immediately
Outside 20m radius: It ascends to the RTH altitude (if the present drone altitude is higher then set RTH altitude it will not change altitude) followed by a adjustment of orientation then transport to HP.
Thanks, slup. Now I know why the drone was simply landing where it was: I was a mere 15-20ft from the takeoff spot-nowhere near 20 meters! Thank you!

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan