DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters and calibration

Hayabusa

Reactions
i just received my ND filters. Do I install and then turn on ac as normal and let gimbal do it’s calibration or do Ininstall and do a manual gimbal calibration.
Thanks
Mike

PS. I have a set of 4.
- UV, 4,8 and 16.
I understand the 4, 8 and 16 are for bright days. What situation would I use the UV?

Yes. You shouldn't have to manually calibrate the gimbal after installing the filter.

Here's a general filter usage guide:

View attachment 32291

The UV filter can be used to protect the camera when an ND filter is not required.

I guess I was way off. As usual!
I would have thought you only use when bright out and in sequence. ND4=
ND8=ND16= and so on. And not when cloudy.

Sorry for ignorance but protect with UV lens???

I got some reading to do.
Thanks
Mike

Sorry for ignorance but protect with UV lens???
You could protect the glass on the front of the camera from dirt, cracking on impact, etc.

You could protect the glass on the front of the camera from dirt, cracking on impact, etc.
This is a common practice among photographers. Whenever I buy a lens I buy a high quality uv filter along with it and put it on immediately. I only take it off when shooting in studio...if I'm outside or shooting casually I leave it on. Since the drone is only going up in good weather I don't see the use for a uv filter. I'm leaving a polacolor nd8/pl on it now and change it when the conditions dictate a change...but the nd8 is a default for now. For the most part an nd/pl filter of some sort is valuable for the type of photography I'm doing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections