DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need advice for IPad

yeah thats what i'm afraid of... i'll be enjoying the outdoor event and the ipad will say that its out of memory. @JeepDSL does this happen to you? do you have to erase content during flight?

IPad mini 4 VS iPhone 7 Plus
47af34d109402c00f4d4cb3f8749d3bd.jpg

Reactions: dragos28
yeah thats what i'm afraid of... i'll be enjoying the outdoor event and the ipad will say that its out of memory. @JeepDSL does this happen to you? do you have to erase content during flight?
No, but I don't tend to do long flights - usually only about 10 mins. Plus, I don't really care about the cached video; I take video and pictures off the SD card for sharing and editing. Further, I don't edit on the ipad; I just fly with it.

Thanks... i'm going to pick up the 16gb mini 4 with 3g. its from a dude who is selling his setup, he had a mavic and sold it, guess he's struggling to pay bills... i got him down to 200 on the ipad. i think thats fair.
i'd really prefer one with more gb, but for the price, i guess i cant complain.

I'm able to pick up an ipad mini 4 with wifi and cellular for $200... only problem is that its 16gb.
ive been searching for something bigger but anything bigger is over 300.
how much will i hate the 16gb capacity in the ipad? should i cough up more $$ and get one with more gb or just take the good deal?

Did u see what GameStop.com has to offer? I got a wifi only mini4 with 128gb for just over $200

My personal opinion, for what it's worth...get the biggest screen you can afford. I looked at the iPad mini 4 that was at Best Buy for $299. But for $329, you can get the latest iPad with a 9.7" screen. I opted for the bigger screen.

I personally don't like the aesthetics and feel of a tablet mounted to the controller. I experimented with a MavMount and just found it to be somewhat of a pain when flying. It's well made and certainly serves the purpose but just wasn't my cup of tea. I ended up buying a tablet mount that threads onto any standard tripod and I mounted my 9.7" iPad on a compact tripod. I added a sunshade and 10 foot lightning to usb cable to complete the package. Havnt looked back. Takes me less than 5 minutes to set everything up and allows me to view my Mavic feed on a large screen in any configuration. Standing, sitting, etc. Here are some pictures of my setup. Good luck!

ae05c5949a9e6273a19a2e62dee5e6b1.jpg

5e408c9f99d523751996d3cde2ac0f58.jpg

Reactions: Saylor101
I have the Thor's version 3 mount with a 16gb iPad mini 4 cellular capable. I too, stripped the apps not necessary and grouped the permanent ones in one folder to keep them out of the way. I am loving it so far. I prefer being able to see the controller in front of the iPad and do not feel as if it is out of balance.IMG_7726.JPG

I have the Thor's version 3 mount with a 16gb iPad mini 4 cellular capable. I too, stripped the apps not necessary and grouped the permanent ones in one folder to keep them out of the way. I am loving it so far. I prefer being able to see the controller in front of the iPad and do not feel as if it is out of balance.View attachment 19379

I just ordered the thor v3 mount last night. I like that sun shade. can you post a link to where i can buy the same one please.

you're right, holding the mini in the bottom of the controller does feel unnatural. i'm looking forward to receiving the thor mount.

also if you dont mind, can you post a link to the coiled ipad cable. im using a 4' long cable and it sucks! lol

I have the Thor's version 3 mount with a 16gb iPad mini 4 cellular capable. I too, stripped the apps not necessary and grouped the permanent ones in one folder to keep them out of the way. I am loving it so far. I prefer being able to see the controller in front of the iPad and do not feel as if it is out of balance.View attachment 19379

This is exactly what I building ! Thor V3 already ordered ! They have delay due to lot of orders (our fault ahahah) !

But really like the cable ! If you can share a link would be great ! Thks

Sorry but do you have another pic closer to the cable ? To see both connections ? Thk

Last edited:
I bought the sun shade from Thor's Drone at the same time I ordered the mount. The cable was from another thread on here. Let me see if I can find the Amazon link...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98