DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEED HELP!! Lost Mavic Mini

lorenztanjoco

Reactions
Need assistance. i lost my drone in alfonso, cavite Philippines. it was just few hundred meters away from when i lost control of it. i cant make it come back to home... so i decided to push RTH but to no avail. i tried to recover it thru find my drone but it was not there on the said GPS coordinates. we are searching for almost 1 day now. can someone assist me how to locate it properly?

thanks so much

Lorenz Tanjoco
Mavic Mini owner

In the app, it should have shown a small map in the lower left hand corner. It usually gives you an idea of where it is.

For me finding my drone; I used the camera's to find a spot to allow the drone to land itself. I kept my controller and phone on, used the map to go where it was. When I got close to it, I got signal and saw my drone hovering in someone's yard. It was about 1000ft away from my house and had to drive there to get it before the battery died out. It had 2% remaining when I got it.

I took a risk and didn't wait for the red light on my block; it was a big deal spending a lot of money for something I really have a passion for. ?

My error came about doing a timelapse that moved my drone over 3500ft away from me in very high winds.

In the app, it should have shown a small map in the lower left hand corner. It usually gives you an idea of where it is.

For me finding my drone; I used the camera's to find a spot to allow the drone to land itself. I kept my controller and phone on, used the map to go where it was. When I got close to it, I got signal and saw my drone hovering in someone's yard. It was about 1000ft away from my house and had to drive there to get it before the battery died out. It had 2% remaining when I got it.

I took a risk and didn't wait for the red light on my block; it was a big deal spending a lot of money for something I really have a passion for. ?

My error came about doing a timelapse that moved my drone over 3500ft away from me in very high winds.

thanks for the reply... i did that as well however i was unable to reconnect my drone... right now my drone is 20 hours lost,..and the bat obviously died down...is there any other way to retrieve it? i mean i already went to the said location on the app but it wasnt there...

Go into your DJI App>>Flight Records and review your flight. Take a note of where it last was and use your Map to search in that area.

Attached are screen shots of my personal flight record when I "lost control" of mine a few hours ago. Hopefully this example can be used on your end. I thankfully got mine back. Hoping you do find yours.Screenshot_20191215-004601.jpgScreenshot_20191215-004629.jpgScreenshot_20191215-004650.jpg

Reactions: lorenztanjoco
Go into your DJI App>>Flight Records and review your flight. Take a note of where it last was and use your Map to search in that area.

Attached are screen shots of my personal flight record when I "lost control" of mine a few hours ago. Hopefully this example can be used on your end. I thankfully got mine back. Hoping you do find yours.View attachment 88185View attachment 88184View attachment 88183

thanks.. i really wish i could get it back... i already went to the read triangle... and searched the area for hours however i cant see it nor traces of it... i tried looking on the flight log and the last recorded video... it was in that area...

attached is where it was pointed in my fly applocation.jpg

thanks.. i really wish i could get it back...
The recorded flight data might give some more clues to help find it.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: ZxSkyLineKidxZ
i cant make it come back to home... so i decided to push RTH but to no avail.
Why wasn't you able to make it come back home? And why did you expect RTH would be able for what you failed with?
Always the same, guys. RTH is a good function to make the drone coming back automatically in case of connection loss, at least in most cases, but it is not a life belt to overcome incapabilities of the pilot!
And in case of a connection loss you can press the RTH button as often and as long as you want, it will not get transferred to the drone anymore.

So what happened really, did you fly it in too strong wind? A good pilot will decrease altitude there, switch to sports mode and try to fly back manually. And if this doesn't work, he will look out for a good and easy to find place for an emmergency landing and go down in a controlled way.
And if there was no strong wind you can assume that the MM did start its own RTH after loosing the connection after 10 seconds. Then it depends if your RTH altitude was set high enough to fly over the top of buildings and trees on its route instead of crashing into them. So you can only search along the direct connection line between last known position and home point.

Need assistance. i lost my drone in alfonso, cavite Philippines. it was just few hundred meters away from when i lost control of it. i cant make it come back to home... so i decided to push RTH but to no avail. i tried to recover it thru find my drone but it was not there on the said GPS coordinates. we are searching for almost 1 day now. can someone assist me how to locate it properly?

thanks so much

Lorenz Tanjoco
Mavic Mini owner
This is Exactly why I put strips of reflective tape on all my drones.........
cosmetics??? I could care less and I finding them at night is rather easy. Especially from the air

Why wasn't you able to make it come back home? And why did you expect RTH would be able for what you failed with?
Always the same, guys. RTH is a good function to make the drone coming back automatically in case of connection loss, at least in most cases, but it is not a life belt to overcome incapabilities of the pilot!
And in case of a connection loss you can press the RTH button as often and as long as you want, it will not get transferred to the drone anymore.

So what happened really, did you fly it in too strong wind? A good pilot will decrease altitude there, switch to sports mode and try to fly back manually. And if this doesn't work, he will look out for a good and easy to find place for an emmergency landing and go down in a controlled way.
And if there was no strong wind you can assume that the MM did start its own RTH after loosing the connection after 10 seconds. Then it depends if your RTH altitude was set high enough to fly over the top of buildings and trees on its route instead of crashing into them. So you can only search along the direct connection line between last known position and home point.

i lost control of it... cant decrease the altitude because i wont be able to see it... i tried pressing RTH but to no avail... tried flying it manually but it actually moves farther...

hi guys here is my flight log
You flew around in sport mode until you started losing signal about 725 feet out.
RTH was initiated and you went hands-off while the drone started ascending to the RTH height.
At 4:33.3 with the drone at 72 feet, it was moving at 10 mph with the joysticks centred.
That's indicating a very strong wind.
Too strong for the drone to hold position as it climbs to RTH height.

At RTH height of 98 ft, the drone is being blown backwards at 5-7 mph even though you were giving it right joystick to boost speed.
The distance is increasing and when you go hands-off again, the speed increases to 10 mph (backwards).
Signal is lost with the drone 1574 feet away, 98 feet up and going backwards at 6-7 mph.
Battery level was 68% and the drone will have been blown further way before low battery level forced it to autoland even further downwind.

Staying high fighting a strong headwind is not a good idea and will usually lose your drone.

You flew around in sport mode until you started losing signal about 725 feet out.
RTH was initiated and you went hands-off while the drone started ascending to the RTH height.
At 4:33.3 with the drone at 72 feet, it was moving at 10 mph with the joysticks centred.
That's indicating a very strong wind.
Too strong for the drone to hold position as it climbs to RTH height.

At RTH height of 98 ft, the drone is being blown backwards at 5-7 mph even though you were giving it right joystick to boost speed.
The distance is increasing and when you go hands-off again, the speed increases to 10 mph (backwards).
Signal is lost with the drone 1574 feet away, 98 feet up and going backwards at 6-7 mph.
Battery level was 68% and the drone will have been blown further way before low battery level forced it to autoland even further downwind.

Staying high fighting a strong headwind is not a good idea and will usually lose your drone.

Is there something wrong i did? I lost control of it. Is there a problem with mavic mini? Or my signal? What u said is pretty much what happened.. i just dont know why i cant control it back.

2. I was unable to physically locate the drone. I went to the exact location provided by the find my drone... and then search the area for the next 3 to 5 hours... but i wasnt able to see anything. How come that happened?

Thanks in advance meta4

Is there something wrong i did? I lost control of it. Is there a problem with mavic mini? Or my signal? What u said is pretty much what happened.. i just dont know why i cant control it back.
If you can swim at 3 miles/hr and the river is flowing at 5 mph and you dive in and try to swim back, what happens?
That's like what happened to your drone.

2. I was unable to physically locate the drone. I went to the exact location provided by the find my drone... and then search the area for the next 3 to 5 hours... but i wasnt able to see anything. How come that happened?
That's just the last point where the app had signal from your drone.
But the drone wasn't on the ground.
It was high up and being blown much further away.

Read my earlier explanation again.
It's all in there.

• Wow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+