DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help only 2 days away!!!

FrankTheTank

Reactions
What’s up drone family? I will be heading to Scotland Uk in 2 days and hoping to fly (recreationally). I'm only there for 3 days so I'm trying to make the best of it. My issue is I've been looking all over to register my drone online with the CAA "UKs FAA" and cannot find any link to be able to submit an Online registration. I've also read that the system was going to launch on Oct 1, 2019 and that its behind schedule. I've also found out that they are making it mandatory on and after Nov 30, 2019. I've also message the person in charge of the website and no answers. So as of now everything is at a standstill for me. Help please! Thanks in advance. ??[emoji1363]

Reactions: awsan5
the only thing you need to follow is the drone code there is no registration at this time it has been put on hold at the moment,some of the laws in Scotland with respect to land access do differ somewhat from the rest of the UK, you would have to check, the only thing that might scupper your plans to fly is the weather at the moment, it is very wet and windy and not ideal for drone flying hope you get some air time in

Reactions: FrankTheTank
Scotland (and the UK generally) are reasonably drone friendly and if anyone doesn't quite approve they are mostly too polite to say anything.
Obviously don't fly close to busy tourist hotspots. The popular places are well visited year round.

In October your problem will be finding a window of weather with little wind and rain to actually fly it, any kind of nice light would be a major bonus. It seems to have been in stormy autumnal mode for a month already - you still get brief periods when it's lovely though.

Scotland (and the UK generally) are reasonably drone friendly and if anyone doesn't quite approve they are mostly too polite to say anything.

Very true, it's the British way. You may experience some pointed looks and "tut"ing though. :p

OP: Hope you get some breaks in the weather; Scotland - especially the highlands - has some amazing landscapes, and if the autumn colours are out it can stunningly beautiful. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip though; plenty of distillery tours (gin and scotch) to console yourself with if it's raining!

I highly recommend you visit Glencoe along the A82.
That is a stunningly beautiful stretch of road even if it is too bad to fly.
And if you're a Harry Potter fan: the viaduct at Glenfinnan!
Enjoy!
Ruud20180926_172809.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan