DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help solving the Mavic 2 crash riddle

Rabber

Reactions
I had a bad crash with my Mavic 2. I uploaded to AirData and saw some crazy stuff. Can anyone look at my log and tell me their thoughts? Attached is the flight log and Airdata screen shot

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-06-26_[21-13-29].txt
    138.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 3.13.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 3.13.08 PM.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 79
I had a bad crash with my Mavic 2. I uploaded to AirData and saw some crazy stuff. Can anyone look at my log and tell me their thoughts? Attached is the flight log and Airdata screen shot
It would have been good to get a short description of the incident.
But what I see in the data shows you lifting off at 53.7 seconds and climbing to 30 ft.
At 56.7 sec while still climbing,` the drone rolled hard to the right and initially turned upside down before turning back right side up.
But damage had been done and the drone was losing height, while rapidly spinning clockwise.
It crashed to the ground at about 58.3 sec and any data after that time are the kind of garbage data that you see after a hard crash.
The front-right prop was probably damaged in the first impact at 56.7 sec and everything else followed from that initial damage.

It appears that you launched under a tree(?) and collided with that as you climbed.

What do you see that gives you that idea?
One thing is for sure I did not see the tree, lol
The ESC errors happened so quick, , That is was worth asking where he took off from ?

The OP has yet to reply to this thread, but I would like to know:
1) What time of day was it (lots of "low light" warnings)?
2) What were the weather conditions (any fog/mist)?
Something was obviously affecting the drone's ability to maintain altitude (whether or not he hit something).

Something was obviously affecting the drone's ability to maintain altitude (whether or not he hit something).
It's pretty straightforward.
He climbed up and hit a tree and came down.
When a drone loses height rapidly and spirals to the ground, a prop has been lost or damaged.

Reactions: JackL and AZDave
make SURE your battery is parked all the way home . check for abnormal pins. props are all the same type? I wonder if the motor wires have breaks on the inside of the wires? seen that a time or 2 . always manufacturers greed / bad suppliers !

make SURE your battery is parked all the way home . check for abnormal pins. props are all the same type? I wonder if the motor wires have breaks on the inside of the wires? seen that a time or 2 . always manufacturers greed / bad suppliers !
Read post #3 & 7 .. there's no mystery about the crash

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan