DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need to buy an urgent Air 2S to replace my Air 2. Any "gotcha's"?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys, my Mavic Air 2 has just developed a gimbal issue, and I'm in the middle of a shoot.

Assuming I can find one, first thing tomorrow I'll be buying an Air 2S. UNLESS...

Is there anything NEGATIVE you can tell me about the Air 2S verses the regular Air 2? The only thing I saw from preliminary research was that there's a fair bit of rolling shutter in some scenarios? (From what I can tell, mostly in 5K, and possibly at high frame rates? Or maybe all the time). Most noticeable when passing close to objects.

Besides that, anything else?

The only things I can think of are slightly less flight time, 31 vs 34 minutes, and you can't safely use MAS props because they may hit the upward obstacle avoidance sensors.

Sorry for your trouble. Been there

Hey guys, my Mavic Air 2 has just developed a gimbal issue, and I'm in the middle of a shoot.

Assuming I can find one, first thing tomorrow I'll be buying an Air 2S. UNLESS...

Is there anything NEGATIVE you can tell me about the Air 2S verses the regular Air 2? The only thing I saw from preliminary research was that there's a fair bit of rolling shutter in some scenarios? (From what I can tell, mostly in 5K, and possibly at high frame rates? Or maybe all the time). Most noticeable when passing close to objects.

I bought an Air2S. I liked it so much, I have sold my MavAir2 and M2P. It shoots incredibly detailed pics. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Reactions: projectarjun
When I changed to the AIR2S, It wasn't because of it's lower cost, It was just a better option to the M2P I already had. I wanted something quieter, easier to fly indoors, more agility, higher resolution pictures, equivalent night performance, less noticable to by bystanders, more special shooting modes, 8x digital zoom, and high wind resistance. The only advantage I found with the M2P, is it can lift heavier loads.

Reactions: projectarjun

I don't own an Air 2S but it seems to be the best value for the money that DJI has produced.

Last edited:
Ive just updated to the Air2s from the Air 2. My 1st impressions are really good and its worth the upgrade. 3 things however that i miss from the MA2. 1- HDR straight out of the camera. This mode has been a godsend on the MA2. The Air2s shoots HLG...but ive not found it comparable if honest. 2-The zoom on the MA2 is sharper by quite a bit i find. It must be leveraging the Quad Beyer sensor where as the Air2S is just digital cropping...which can be done in post. 3- Relating to the zoom. On the MA2 you can use zoom under the CineD colour profile...On the Air2s it can only apply zoom using the standard colour profile. Number 3 is a pain because you have to constantly menu dive swapping out colour profiles. Like i say however...100% worth the upgrade!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan