Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is in production, but the Autel guy comes out from California and doesn't fly it or do anything other than recite rote specs? It could have only been better if he swung it around in the air while saying "VROOM, VROOM!"

They did fly it, it was in a second video after the interview.

Here it is in 15mph winds at the CD opening. See the first video on the page labeled "EVO Flight"
Carolina Dronz

There must be an issue. What's the point in even going to an event and showing it off and then not even start it up.
I found a vid on their facebook page where they did fly it. All they did was hover though, nothing even remotely interesting.
I don't know who CarolinaDronz are, but they seemed to be more interested to have the newsflash than in asking critical questions.

Also, I found it astonishing that they are still thinking about which packages they will offer (fly more combo-like stuff) and are still working on packaging. I don't know, but that doesn't seem like a few weeks work, but months (determining the package strategy, which components will be in the packs, then determine how to fit it in a box, make the designs, fabricate the materials....)

Reactions: Chris12
I found a vid on their facebook page where they did fly it. All they did was hover though, nothing even remotely interesting.
I don't know who CarolinaDronz are, but they seemed to be more interested to have the newsflash than in asking critical questions.

Also, I found it astonishing that they are still thinking about which packages they will offer (fly more combo-like stuff) and are still working on packaging. I don't know, but that doesn't seem like a few weeks work, but months (determining the package strategy, which components will be in the packs, then determine how to fit it in a box, make the designs, fabricate the materials....)
Looool

This make no sense to me, why would a company kill an extremely successful product for the sake of another product. Mavic pro is what made dji this much famous not the other line of products. Mavic air is not a replacement of the pro. Sooner or later better specs portable drones will be produced whether by dji or other companies. That's just how technology work.
I just want to see a better and stronger camera than what it is currntly on the Mavic Pro. The camera gimbal is so fragile for a $1100 dollars drone that does not make sense. I like how strong the Mavic air gimbal camera its compared to the Pro.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. What's the bit-rate for the 4K & 60 FPS? Too bad they are not doing the version with the 1" Sensor.

Phrased my question poorly... worded another way.

Do you religiously update the Go App and if so how often has this resulted in a problem for you?

Never caused a problem for me, but I hear I’m lucky.

Looking forward to it. What's the bit-rate for the 4K & 60 FPS? Too bad they are not doing the version with the 1" Sensor.

Wow, if the sound from that thing is actually like the video that's amazing. It's like a whisper.

They will do the 1" sensor, but in the fall.

It’s for sure quiet.

It will be interesting to see more from Autel.

Paul Caldwell

Is it better than the Mavic? Should be. Mavic tech is 2 years old. EVO ain't even been shipped yet. Will it be better than Mavic II? I'm betting not.

Sure, I'm interested in the EVO. I'm interested in all drones. Would I buy one?
No. I'll wait for Mavic II. Until then, I'm happy with my MP.

Let the whiners keep saying, "What if there IS no Mavic II in the works?" or "What if the rumors aren't true?", "Yack, yack, yack". My money's on the Mavic II, or whatever they call it.

Is it better than the Mavic? Should be. Mavic tech is 2 years old. EVO ain't even been shipped yet. Will it be better than Mavic II? I'm betting not.

Sure, I'm interested in the EVO. I'm interested in all drones. Would I buy one?
No. I'll wait for Mavic II. Until then, I'm happy with my MP.

Let the whiners keep saying, "What if there IS no Mavic II in the works?" or "What if the rumors aren't true?", "Yack, yack, yack". My money's on the Mavic II, or whatever they call it.
LMAO...let's call it non-existent

So... any news?
It gets weirder and weirder, these "reviews" or visits by Autel personnel to youtubers and the only real comments they'll give is "soon"... no real news... I'm not thát curious after Autel, as I feel that their "mavic competitor" will need to prove itself first, but I am hoping that their release will trigger DJI into releasing a new product as well (not saying MP2, 'cause some people will react to that, but you know what I mean...:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada