Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, if the sound from that thing is actually like the video that's amazing. It's like a whisper.
It is considerably larger than the MP. Larger props make less noise, at least it sounds quieter to the human ear because of lower revs. Because it's so large I don't consider it as an alternative for my MP that I only bought for the small size. If I need a bigger drone I just take my Inspire1. And if I wanna have real fun I soar around with my Phantom 1 on full manual.

But I do like the idea of no DJI nannying and the absence of NFZ's in the firmware and software. I hope for Autel they continue their believe that pilots should take their own responsibility. I really hope they succeed in bringing it to market. I might even have a go for it, who knows. But that would be the only reason. And of course the Atti switch that I really miss on the MP.

Is it better than the Mavic? Should be. Mavic tech is 2 years old. EVO ain't even been shipped yet. Will it be better than Mavic II? I'm betting not.

Sure, I'm interested in the EVO. I'm interested in all drones. Would I buy one?
No. I'll wait for Mavic II. Until then, I'm happy with my MP.

Let the whiners keep saying, "What if there IS no Mavic II in the works?" or "What if the rumors aren't true?", "Yack, yack, yack". My money's on the Mavic II, or whatever they call it.
When I bought my MA at an official shop in Paris, last week, they actually told me not to buy the pro, even though it was discounted. They said they have an internal meeting in June for an forthcoming announcement. They haven’t been told details yet (à la Apple), but they all guess it’s for the new Pro.

I wanted an Air, so no worries about waiting here.

When I bought my MA at an official shop in Paris, last week, they actually told me not to buy the pro, even though it was discounted. They said they have an internal meeting in June for an forthcoming announcement. They haven’t been told details yet (à la Apple), but they all guess it’s for the new Pro.

I wanted an Air, so no worries about waiting here.
Or...they told you that so they could get rid of another MA...

Or...they told you that so they could get rid of another MA...
If it pleases you to think so. I ordered 2 weeks ago and picked it up a week later, as no stock. They could have made more commission on a MP sale. Some people just like to be cyclical. Good for you.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I don't expect a Mavic Pro II showing up before end of August, maybe even September, just 2 years after introduction of the original one.
Maybe even delivery will then be delayed until November.
So buying a Mavic Pro today is still an option, especially because its Ocusync system is so superior over the Wifi system on Mavic Air and Autel Evo.

If that thing starts to get a good track record for being a reliable drone and they get a 1 inch sensor camera on it dji Mavic lines are going to take a major dump. If the 24/7 customer service in the United States is true that would be a bonus compared to wondering if you will ever get a response from dji. Lol.

If that thing starts to get a good track record for being a reliable drone and they get a 1 inch sensor camera on it dji Mavic lines are going to take a major dump. If the 24/7 customer service in the United States is true that would be a bonus compared to wondering if you will ever get a response from dji. Lol.
The existing camera looks pretty good:

It does but a 1 inch sensor is a definite must to put them ahead of dji.
I agree, If they had released a model with the 1" sensor right after the show when they announced the Evo, they could have owned this market.

Sent an email to them last night. Received a reply back this morning. Seem very nice to deal with and they hope to have a 1 inch sensor version in the near future but that is mostly up to Sony and where they fall on Sony’s list to receive them.

All these guys on YT getting an vo and not one of them tried doing a range test.. Or did they, and the EVO failed miserably and they were told not to post lol

THe one 4k video i saw, seemed on the soft side.

All these guys on YT getting an vo and not one of them tried doing a range test.. Or did they, and the EVO failed miserably and they were told not to post lol

THe one 4k video i saw, seemed on the soft side.
A bit early for smack talk isn’t it? I mean worst release ever, but I don’t think we can really smack talk the product with the reviews I’ve seen.

Reactions: Chris12
A bit early for smack talk isn’t it? I mean worst release ever, but I don’t think we can really smack talk the product with the reviews I’ve seen.
never too early for smack talk, but that wasn't me talking smack. and I wouldn't classify it as worst release ever either.

never too early for smack talk, but that wasn't me talking smack. and I wouldn't classify it as worst release ever either.
Must be a generational thing. Aside from maybe the early MP shortages, it's definitely the worst release ever.

Reactions: ssvdh66
If I had to choose today I’d probably go with the Autel Evo. I am happy with my Mavic and can’t wait to see Mavic 2.

Reactions: borzoiboy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78