Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is in production, but the Autel guy comes out from California and doesn't fly it or do anything other than recite rote specs? It could have only been better if he swung it around in the air while saying "VROOM, VROOM!"

Reactions: HWCM
The thing is in production, but the Autel guy comes out from California and doesn't fly it or do anything other than recite rote specs? It could have only been better if he swung it around in the air while saying "VROOM, VROOM!"
Yeah, the movie in itself was quite a letdown. The thing most people complain about with the Mavic is video quality and maybe NFZs. Not a single word about the camera was mentioned... pretty weird, as I think that is THE thing they can make a difference with...

Yeah, the movie in itself was quite a letdown. The thing most people complain about with the Mavic is video quality and maybe NFZs. Not a single word about the camera was mentioned... pretty weird, as I think that is THE thing they can make a difference with...
Video samples of the evo's camera have been released and they look very good in 4K 60 FPS.

You know they flew the bird at CES, so it can fly. They even did obstacle avoidance tests and dynamic tracking.

You know they flew the bird at CES, so it can fly

I'm sure it can - but why not fly it or show the features in action? It's a drone, that's what I care about. Maybe there's is a second part, I dunno.

You'd think they'd at least have production units to demo if this thing is weeks away from consumers. The Autel guy said they hadn't even finalized the case it came with yet . . .

I'm sure it can - but why not fly it or show the features in action? It's a drone, that's what I care about. Maybe there's is a second part, I dunno.

You'd think they'd at least have production units to demo if this thing is weeks away from consumers. The Autel guy said they hadn't even finalized the case it came with yet . . .
It sounds just like the MP2...lamo

It's going ylto be a while...Autel is known for showing new products and never producing them.

There must be an issue. What's the point in even going to an event and showing it off and then not even start it up.

You really think they would not have had a device? They have a functional device, they've demonstrated it long ago.

It's going ylto be a while...Autel is known for showing new products and never producing them.
Agreed but unlike on previous years, they must released it if they want to survive. This is a company that so far only have a single product for sell. I am surprised that they still alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
Okay. We will see...

There's no "We will see." It's not. If it was, they would have gone with a different name. They would have improved the specs. There are a lot of things that would have changed with it, and they certainly would not have forgone Occusync. If you were right, which you are not, the Mavic Air would have had Occusync. Instead, the reason they made it smaller and went back to Phantom 3 technology is because it wouldn't make sense to have a lower-tier drone that competed with the upper-tier drone. It's the same reason that the MacBook doesn't have an identical i7 as the MacBook Pro.

There's no "We will see." It's not. If it was, they would have gone with a different name. They would have improved the specs. There are a lot of things that would have changed with it, and they certainly would not have forgone Occusync. If you were right, which you are not, the Mavic Air would have had Occusync. Instead, the reason they made it smaller and went back to Phantom 3 technology is because it wouldn't make sense to have a lower-tier drone that competed with the upper-tier drone. It's the same reason that the MacBook doesn't have an identical i7 as the MacBook Pro.
This make no sense to me, why would a company kill an extremely successful product for the sake of another product. Mavic pro is what made dji this much famous not the other line of products. Mavic air is not a replacement of the pro. Sooner or later better specs portable drones will be produced whether by dji or other companies. That's just how technology work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka