Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The EVO could come out in two versions: one with the standard camera and one with a 1" sensor.

1" sensor:
upload_2018-1-10_11-16-53.png

1/2.3" sensor:
upload_2018-1-10_11-18-29.png

Here is the controller:
upload_2018-1-10_11-15-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-10_11-10-42.png
    upload_2018-1-10_11-10-42.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • upload_2018-1-10_11-11-14.png
    upload_2018-1-10_11-11-14.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • upload_2018-1-10_11-11-38.png
    upload_2018-1-10_11-11-38.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • upload_2018-1-10_11-12-12.png
    upload_2018-1-10_11-12-12.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
For anyone doubting whether or not this is a Mavic rip-off ~ let's review... Here's the Autel Robotics X-Star Premium. Does this remind you of another series of drones by DJI? I mean, it quite remarkable that Autel appears to land on the same basic designs as DJI a few months AFTER DJI releases a newly designed product. I'm just sayin... This ain't a coincidence.

autel robotics - x-star p.jpg

Reactions: w4t3r and Kilrah
Mavic was not the first folding drone. There have been many which were released before, including Dobby, Byrd and Karma. The EVO does not fold in the same way as the Mavic, actually more like the Byrd, so if they copied anyone as far as design it would be that one. The way the Mavic folds is different and I have not seen other that are the same. I can't have much sympathy for Chinese companies crying about someone copying their products given their history of stealing other company's designs.

Reactions: EC57
For anyone doubting whether or not this is a Mavic rip-off ~ let's review... Here's the Autel Robotics X-Star Premium. Does this remind you of another series of drones by DJI? I mean, it quite remarkable that Autel appears to land on the same basic designs as DJI a few months AFTER DJI releases a newly designed product. I'm just sayin... This ain't a coincidence.

View attachment 28480
Does the Phantom have a modular camera?

Quad basic design = four arms protruding from a center core. Many are built like this...

I will pre order one.
If I don't like it as much as the mavic, I will sell it or return it. If I like it more, I will sell the mavic... Or keep both. [emoji16]
keep us informed, i would be very interested in your outcome and thoughts
and videos/pics of course

However, if it can correct the problems found in the Mavic, I would be willing to shift over to the Autel....
...Now that Autel has caught up to DJI and possibly surpassed it, I am very interested in the new drone.

Not sure about your characterizations on "it..."correcting the "problems found in the Mavic" nor your contention that it "caught up" or surpassed DJI. Kind of strong contentions when the product isn't available.

Are you having problems with you Mavic?

Are you having problems with you Mavic?
Yes, I have problems with the Mavic. Its range is not half as far as advertised, its camera is not stable and reboots during flight, and the DJI GO 4 app is not stable and provides a very laggy video feed.

I have previously owned an Autel X-Star and it was a great drone. Its range was MUCH farther than the advertised. I was able to get out to 2.2 miles before disconnecting. The Autel's camera was also better than the Mavic's.

I am looking forward to the EVO.

I'm interested to know how the avoidance works since there are no side-sensors. In the video it shows the drone going forward toward a tree and then rolling left to avoid the tree/go around it. Wouldn't it be at risk of hitting something as it rolls to the side?

Anyway, more competition is always a good thing. Mavic Pro II in 3...2...

Reactions: EC57 and Mavrack
I'm interested to know how the avoidance works since there are no side-sensors. In the video it shows the drone going forward toward a tree and then rolling left to avoid the tree/go around it. Wouldn't it be at risk of hitting something as it rolls to the side?

Anyway, more competition is always a good thing. Mavic Pro II in 3...2...
They say the forward sensors (cameras) are computer mapping the environment in real time, thus moving forward it is likely mapping fairly significant distances to it's left and right to know whether it has clearance to stafe around, similar to driving a car forward and seeing left/right with your peripheral vision. Just my take on it with the info available to us at this time.

Funny that most of the replies on this thread is about copy this copy that. Guys / Gals arent you forgetting where the mavic is made ? CHINA !!! lol, CLONE country of the world LMAO I dig that remote though

After comparing hardware, it's down to the software. You may have the best hardware out there, but if you have bad software, it's rubbish. Time will tell. And then there's the customer service and warranty.
And if you lose this drone, you don't have @msinger to read the flight logs and tell you where to find it. ;)
Funny how, for years any new smartphone that came out is labelled "new iPhone-killer?". Now, new quads that comes out have the label "new Mavic-killer?".
Mavic is out for sometime, and this forum is a huge knowledgebase for users. It'll be "starting from scratch" for the EVO with their own forum.
I was also reading abt the litigation of DJI vs Autel...

In the video I watched the autel rep said it would detect obstacles and then actually map them so when in intelligent flight modes it would remember that obstacle was there and will plan an alternate route if it approaches that one again.

Yea, they claimed that with the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro as well.... See me on the Mavic forum? To be fair, maybe they got it right.

Funny that most of the replies on this thread is about copy this copy that. Guys / Gals arent you forgetting where the mavic is made ? CHINA !!! lol, CLONE country of the world LMAO I dig that remote though

Right? Hahaha! I think they stole chopsticks from Japan!!!

I also like built in displays! It's the only great feature of the Karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme