Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it may be a nice alternative to Mavic. Looks like they beat DJI in putting front and rear obstacle avoidance on a foldable craft. I'm sure the features will be seen on the next true evolution of Mavic.

Maybe there will not be a Mavic 2. No one ever said that there will be.
Either way, the EVO looks fantastic.

Im interested in the evo but I agree with earlier comments that dji likely has mavic 2 all ready to go and just waiting to announce 2 weeks after the evo goes on sale. Evo seems promising but mostly feels like they are following the competition. Dji probably created a new generation mavic with features not previously thought of on a small foldable drone, like sense and avoid for manned aircraft or 360* obstacle avoidance, or 1 hour flight time, or the ability to fly in the rain,,,or some other glorious thing that will put it in a. Class by itself. Look how far ahead mavic was compared to karma. Dji is a leader and an innovator in the drone market.

Dji builds fantastic drones. I've had mavic almost a year and it continues to amaze me. I like mavic so much I convinced the city to start a drone program and mavic is our first aircraft. I fly both machines frequently and both are rock solid.

That 3 inch screen is relatively small, but I'd take that over the Mavic's screen:

7km range, 30 minutes flight time. If the camera is better than the Mavic's (which I'm not that impressed with) then this will gain serious attention and I will consider selling my Mavic and getting the Evo. There's chatter that this thing has a 1" sensor.

The elephant in the room is DJI's very poor customer service. Autel's is the best in the biz so if this drone works well it will be trouble for DJI.

just my .02 euros...

I own Autel, DJI and Yuneec. I have had problems with all of them to some degree. I can say I am one that has had no problems with DJI at all. From P3 to Mavic not a single problem with customer service. I had more problems with Yuneec than DJI

Autel Robotics just released a new drone called the EVO. It looks very similar to the Mavic. However, if it can correct the problems found in the Mavic, I would be willing to shift over to the Autel. I have previously owned an Autel X-Star and it was a great product, but it became outdated so I switched over to the Mavic. Now that Autel has caught up to DJI and possibly surpassed it, I am very interested in the new drone.

Here is the video:

I to am very interested in the Evo...it appears to be a very serious competitor for the MP...Hopefully it will force DJI to better correct it's issues with the MP

I got this thing about copy's of anything so not for me .
That and I'm not messing up my DJI fanboy status . :)
I will just sit back and watch others talk about it when it comes out . Thumbswayup
Yes sir, but you must agree that a strong competitor will only make for better improvements for the MP.

7km range, 30 minutes flight time. If the camera is better than the Mavic's (which I'm not that impressed with) then this will gain serious attention and I will consider selling my Mavic and getting the Evo. There's chatter that this thing has a 1" sensor.

The elephant in the room is DJI's very poor customer service. Autel's is the best in the biz so if this drone works well it will be trouble for DJI.

just my .02 euros...
Well said sir, thank you

The charging cable connected to that tablet looks a lot like a DELL laptop charger. Wonder if they partnered with DELL on that?

I really like that smaller controller above with the small 3.3" screen.
That screen on the controller is bad ***. DJI needs to step up their game

Reactions: Classic flyer
Maybe there will not be a Mavic 2. No one ever said that there will be.
Either way, the EVO looks fantastic.

Yea, you're probably right. Why would DJI produce a follow up product for their most popular drone ever? They'll probably just sit on the side lines and watch the industry pass them by like they always do.

Btw DJI is having a news conference on the 23rd I believe. It's probably just to let everyone know that they won't be updating the Mavic line... ever.

Uh-huh doesn't this look familiar? A competitor comes out with a product and DJI pops up with something better. 3DR Solo<Phantom 4, GoPro Karma<Mavic Pro, Yuneec Breeze, Dobby, any selfie drone<Spark. Don't even get me started on the Osmo situation. Don't get me wrong, I like competition. Don't let your DJI hater blind you to the simple fact that they make the best products in their categories, period. There's a reason they are number one.

Yea, you're probably right. Why would DJI produce a follow up product for their most popular drone ever? They'll probably just sit on the side lines and watch the industry pass them by like they always do.

Btw DJI is having a news conference on the 23rd I believe. It's probably just to let everyone know that they won't be updating the Mavic line... ever.

Uh-huh doesn't this look familiar? A competitor comes out with a product and DJI pops up with something better. 3DR Solo<Phantom 4, GoPro Karma<Mavic Pro, Yuneec Breeze, Dobby, any selfie drone<Spark. Don't even get me started on the Osmo situation. Don't get me wrong, I like competition. Don't let your DJI hater blind you to the simple fact that they make the best products in their categories, period. There's a reason they are number one.
Hater? LOL. I have plenty of DJI products.
Calm down hero.

Remember 3D Robotics and the Solo? and then Lily Robotics and their Lily? And then well recognized GoPro and the Karma? And even well known, Xiaomi, a big Chinese tech company with their MI haven't gone very far and couldn't match the DJI Phantoms (but still hang in there).

DJI has a great lead and has introduced a marvelous drone - the Mavic Pro. They are not perfect but seem to have introduced a near perfect drone. Sure, they have growing pains but they are still well entrenched in the field. I find it hard to get excited about the Autel Evo until after it is out, tried and true. Karma's are still falling out of the sky as GoPro mothballs their drone division amid falling stock prices! I recollect all the hype and promise of 3D Robotics being the only American Drone Company well on it's way up until it too dropped out of the sky and then RIP. Best Buy was almost giving those Solo's away after a short time. Only time will tell but in that mean time DJI grows exponentially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird