Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support, as in DJI support? I was not aware they offered any.

Geez, I hear this all the time, yet I've always gotten really good service from them. If I go on chat right now, I guarantee a response in a few minutes. When I've called, my questions were answered and when I crashed my first Mavic (my fault), they took care of me even though they didn't have to.

Reactions: projockey
Whoa... Autel is a Chinese company. Their customer service is based in Seattle. You could say that about 3DR or Go Pro but even they had all of their products manufactured in China.

In any case, there are several products that people wish there were comparable American examples. Sport bikes is one of my favorites. Electronics is another. Honda was and is successful because they came out with a superior product at a lower price. Eventually, "American made" will lose its allure in the face of cold hard facts.

Have a look at the Motus MSTR made in Alabama. V4 motor with a mini V8 archetecture (push rods, hydraulic lifters, etc.), over 180 RWHP, close to 130 pound/ft torque!! Pricey at over 30k, but needs nothing. All premium components (Ohlins, Brembo, Sargent seat, carbon fiber)!! Wish I had the money!! Now back to your regularly scheduled drone program, LOL. ;)

2795aaf8c06d98fc33aa824e9b600ab3.jpg
41377e6d920392078a654a37378b868f.jpg
69e835df70d4e3f83a1744d755f9a4e2.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone knows when will this Evo be released? :rolleyes:
Should be sometime in February or March. They are just going to make some minor tweaks such as designing the carbon fiber arms and then they will release it. I believe there will be two versions: One with a 1/2.3" camera sensor and one with a 1" sensor.

There’s little difference and nothing impressive here to make me want to switch. Mavic is a tested player and may have its flaws. I’m sure that pretty soon we’ll also be hearing about the flaws of Evo. There is no perfect system.
Let's face it. In two years they will both be obsolete.

Still looks better than the screen on your Mavic when the app crashes. ;) At least you have some view of what the camera is seeing.
It doesn't bother me much if my app crashes. I just hover, restart it and fly on.

Funny moment during EVO demo. Watch at 4:19

It was pretty funny. I was sitting there filming the EVO and I could see the guy fly into the net in the booth behind him in my phone. It seemed so ironic at the time and I thought about zooming in on it, but didn't.

I got to handle the EVO and it's a very nice looking product, think Apple design. Round and shiny. They told me 1" sensor and 60fps as well along with constant 30 minute times on the battery. I liked the extra monitor in the remote as it allows you to grab and go, if you just want to film something very quickly. Their software seems decent and they make larger drones that have some good mapping and programming. They also offer a ground station rotating antenna booster for larger mapping projects.

Everyone keeps comparing it to the Mavic because of the design, but there's not much option in the folding and portable drone market. A lot of manufacturers all said they were working on it, but DJI beat them all to market because of their size. That said, there isn't much option for a payload, battery and electronics mounted in the center of gravity between 4 arms with motors on it. Almost everyone had a style like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EC57
Should be sometime in February or March. They are just going to make some minor tweaks such as designing the carbon fiber arms and then they will release it. I believe there will be two versions: One with a 1/2.3" camera sensor and one with a 1" sensor.
I wonder what will happen to it if dji announces something better this January 23 !!!

Have a look at the Motus MSTR made in Alabama. V4 motor with a mini V8 archetecture (push rods, hydraulic lifters, etc.), over 180 RWHP, close to 130 pound/ft torque!! Pricey at over 30k, but needs nothing. All premium components (Ohlins, Brembo, Sargent seat, carbon fiber)!! Wish I had the money!! Now back to your regularly scheduled drone program, LOL. ;)

2795aaf8c06d98fc33aa824e9b600ab3.jpg
41377e6d920392078a654a37378b868f.jpg
69e835df70d4e3f83a1744d755f9a4e2.jpg

Oh I didn't mean that there aren't any American bikes, I said comparable. It just hasn't happened yet. I had a lot of hope for Buell but I'm sure you know how that went. If like to see this Motus up against a ZX14 or Busa. Heck, even against my 2006 GSXR1000...

IMAG0274.jpg

Yeah I doubt it’d hang with my 14R, but still pretty impressive numbers with ZERO maintenance engine wise as far as valve shims and all that. If I was rich I’d add it to the stable ;)

It doesn't bother me much if my app crashes. I just hover, restart it and fly on.

I've honestly never had the app crash while flying. Not with my S8+ nor with my Crystalsky. I'm being 100% honest. 2T of video...

Yeah I doubt it’d hang with my 14R, but still pretty impressive numbers with ZERO maintenance engine wise as far as valve shims and all that. If I was rich I’d add it to the stable ;)

Oh yea, there are several bikes I'd own with unlimited funds!

Reactions: NinjaNut
Autel Robotics just released a new drone called the EVO. It looks very similar to the Mavic. However, if it can correct the problems found in the Mavic, I would be willing to shift over to the Autel. I have previously owned an Autel X-Star and it was a great product, but it became outdated so I switched over to the Mavic. Now that Autel has caught up to DJI and possibly surpassed it, I am very interested in the new drone.

Here is the video:

Just seems like a blatant ripoff of the mavic Pro, so not very innovative. So how creative could they be. I am holding out for a Mavic with a better camera...

Just seems like a blatant ripoff of the mavic Pro, so not very innovative. So how creative could they be. I am holding out for a Mavic with a better camera...

Ding,ding,ding let's hear it for the new guy! That where I am. I'd rather an improved tried and true product over a Jonny come lately any day.

I wonder what will happen to it if dji announces something better this January 23 !!!

Probably the same thing that happened to all those products they were talking about releasing last year that never saw the light of day after the P4P was released. Hahaha!

I bought a Mavic in December with gimble problems still no replies . If there customer service is better than DJI . DJI better watch out because DJI customer service is nothing but rubbish.
I will wait for reviews about EVO and if any good I'll get one. I know Autel customer service is pretty good through drone friends.

Face it, there will always be improvements on good ideas. It would have to have a real wow factor to make me give up a fairly decent investment in the Mavic.

Given that 2 manufacturers have announced products that directly tackle all of the shortcomings of 2 of the most popular DJI machines they'll have not only to catch up but to make a big step forward.

Hopefully also on the "stupid restrictions" front.

I believe one of Autel's reps on one of their CES videos said production was scheduled for summer 2018...

Ding,ding,ding let's hear it for the new guy! That where I am. I'd rather an improved tried and true product over a Jonny come lately any day.
Guess I just confirmed which camp you're in...

As I already mentioned earlier, Autel might just be to DJI what Honda was to the big 3 US automakers in the 60's.

David and Goliath stories are really fun to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard