Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I just confirmed which camp you're in...

As I already mentioned earlier, Autel might just be to DJI what Honda was to the big 3 US automakers in the 60's.

David and Goliath stories are really fun to follow.

Truth! To be clear, I'm in the "what's best for the money" camp. Right now I believe that's the Mavic. I don't hold any "loyalty" to them. If the Evo comes out hot and I'm in need of a replacement or just want a new drone, I'll buy one. However it will be after I'm very certain that it does what they say.

I've had good products with bad customer service and I've had bad products with great customer service... I'd rather have the good product so I don't need as much customer service, you know?

looks like flymoretalkless is on point with this one. i talked to the company via twitter yesterday ... the 1" sensor model is only a prototype, and not in production at all.. really disappointing - the CES interviews made it seem like it was already here. very poor marketing.

looks like flymoretalkless is on point with this one. .
Yes, poor marketing for sure. DJI can now beat them to market on an improved camera and knock Autel out of the game before they can even get a solid foot in the door. I do hope I am wrong though.....

Okay, this must be what I'm missing in the "DJI customer service sucks" discussion. You all are taking about tech support! Every time I'm thinking actual customer service. They may have horrible tech support. I haven't called them for that... The manuals and YouTube have taken care of those kinds of questions for me. I've called them for repairs, sales, returns, etc and have always gotten a swift answer.

This isn't a contest but before I bought my Karma. There was confusion whether it used both glonass and standard gps. So I called GoPro. Over an hour of hold times and several calls later, I was told that it did have both. If course I later learned that was a lie.
Not sure how ANYONE can say that DJI manuals " have taken care of those kinds of questions for me". REALLY??? REALLY???

If it weren't for 3rd party videos and a few select posters on the DJI threads there'd be many many many Phantom owners still scrartchin their heads out there..... unless of course English isn't your first language....:)

Autel Robotics just released a new drone called the EVO. It looks very similar to the Mavic. However, if it can correct the problems found in the Mavic, I would be willing to shift over to the Autel. I have previously owned an Autel X-Star and it was a great product, but it became outdated so I switched over to the Mavic. Now that Autel has caught up to DJI and possibly surpassed it, I am very interested in the new drone.

I already plan to buy one when they are released. Maybe not the FIRST purchaser, as I want someone else to shake out the bugs ;-) but soon. I like my DJI drones, but I seriously will pay extra to be free of all the in-bred software restrictions, forced drone lock-ups, having to take exams just to fly my drone, etc. The Mavic is serious engineering and I love it. I'm hoping the EVO will come close, if it doesn't surpass the Mavic.

Just want a drone that I can fly, indoors anywhere I want. DJI has got the East Coast so blanketed with no fly zones, there are literally thousands of square miles drone won't take off.

These are not FAA no-fly zones these are DJI specified no fly zones.

Reactions: Robin
Yep, like the camera upgrade they were going to release for the X Star. I'll believe it when it see it.

That's not Autel making that claim. The YouTube video is Bo and someone from Carolina Dronz. Everything I've looked at states the 1" sensor is just a prototype. I do think it would be a game changer if Autel was able to pull off a 1" sensor on this small package, but those little microSD cards are being pushed to the limit as it is.

I bought a Mavic in December with gimble problems still no replies . If there customer service is better than DJI . DJI better watch out because DJI customer service is nothing but rubbish.

I had a Gimbal issue this past August, kinda crash related (long story) Anyway, I sent the issue to DJI Care Refresh, got a response back within 48 hours, Drone was repaired in about 2 weeks time. The back and forth with DJI is a little rough when trying to communicate via email and they don't explain a lot. It would be nice to get a USA set of reps around the country.

I will wait for reviews about EVO and if any good I'll get one. I know Autel customer service is pretty good through drone friends.
I bought a Mavic in December with gimble problems still no replies . If there customer service is better than DJI . DJI better watch out because DJI customer service is nothing but rubbish.
I will wait for reviews about EVO and if any good I'll get one. I know Autel customer service is pretty good through drone friends.

That's not Autel making that claim. The YouTube video is Bo and someone from Carolina Dronz. Everything I've looked at states the 1" sensor is just a prototype. I do think it would be a game changer if Autel was able to pull off a 1" sensor on this small package, but those little microSD cards are being pushed to the limit as it is.

Actually, I agree and disagree. Autel was showing both the 1" and the 360 drones at their booth. I agree that they are prototypes. I doubt they'll ever see the light of day, just like the upgraded camera for the XStar. I disagree that a micro SD card couldn't handle it, at least not a higher end card.

The issue isn't the micro sd card. The Phantom 4 pro has a 1 inch sensor no issues there. Autel developed a modular system. The reason for the design, according to them, was so that we could updgrade without buying a new unit. They haven't delivered. It was the only reason I purchased the XSP.

The issue isn't the micro sd card. The Phantom 4 pro has a 1 inch sensor no issues there. Autel developed a modular system. The reason for the design, according to them, was so that we could updgrade without buying a new unit. They haven't delivered. It was the only reason I purchased the XSP.

Thank you. I almost purchased the XStar myself instead of the Karma but I liked the options and the portability. Plus I was familiar with Go Pro and had a mostly positive attitude towards them. Like I said before, the c XStar Premium has lower specs than a P3SE at a much higher cost. I'm all for competition but I'll never again purchase anything based on hatred, especially other people's hatred. I would have saved over $3000 if I wouldn't have listened to all of the DJI haters out there. In fact, the guys on the 3DR forum often quoted threads on this forum as proof that I shouldn't buy DJI products. I even had a guy on YouTube recently cite this forum as validation of his attitude against DJI.

Any info on control and video range?
Would like to see how it compares to Mavic specs.
Did you watch the video in the first post? It literally says it right on the screen.

I think what happens in software is more important. If this one doesnt get in your face with NFZ, registering, data going back to China then maybe its a nice second option. Nothing yet on how loud it is, and any 3rd party software support.
You hit the nail on the head. Honestly if it is even just equal to the mavic, but made me feel like the drone I PURCHASED BELONGED TO ME, i will buy it. I think everyone is fed up with dji being the global drone police. Each person is responsible for their own actions. I want to OWN the product i PAID for without the threat of being locked out of my own device if i do not continue to follow the orders dji keeps barking out!

Any info on control and video range?
Would like to see how it compares to Mavic specs.

According to all of the YouTube reviews, 7km is the number everyone is throwing out. The video transmission quality seems to be 720p btw vs the Mavic's 1080p.

Reactions: Wade1982
You hit the nail on the head. Honestly if it is even just equal to the mavic, but made me feel like the drone I PURCHASED BELONGED TO ME, i will buy it. I think everyone is fed up with dji being the global drone police. Each person is responsible for their own actions. I want to OWN the product i PAID for without the threat of being locked out of my own device if i do not continue to follow the orders dji keeps barking out!

I've never had a problem with "restrictions" from DJI but I can certainly understand that sentiment. I bought a reprogrammer for my car that allowed me to eliminate the to speed restriction installed by the manufacturer. I also eliminated the "wheelie control" on my motorcycle...

Reactions: projockey
Well Mr Racist, English isn't my first language. Have you read the Mavic manual? Didn't I include YouTube? Is English YOUR first language?
If you can't tolerate a criticism you're road in life is going to be pretty rocky.

More importantly my complaint was directed to the poor job "DJI" has done in writing the English version of its manuals and wasn't directed at you personally.

P.S. Answers to your questions are:Yes (many times) as far back as the P1, Yes but a criticism of YT wasn't part of my complaint, Yes English is my first language but when I lived in Europe I made an honest attempt to learn my future wife's language.

P.S.S. Some of the people I admire most are of different races.

Well my road has been rocky because of people like you. I read the manual in English, just so you know, and I found it helpful along with the DJI produced YouTube videos.
Since you again wish to make it personal its time that I just walk away from our difference of opinion.

Reactions: Stach
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31