Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit the nail on the head. Honestly if it is even just equal to the mavic, but made me feel like the drone I PURCHASED BELONGED TO ME, i will buy it. I think everyone is fed up with dji being the global drone police. Each person is responsible for their own actions. I want to OWN the product i PAID for without the threat of being locked out of my own device if i do not continue to follow the orders dji keeps barking out!

i read this and honestly thought "when did i write THAT?" so, yeah ... me too.

So... Did DJI just poop on Autel? Considering the Mavic Air and what it does, can you imagine the Mavic Pro 2? Yea, you guys can jump ship if you want. DJI can easily improve customer service, it's not so easy to redesign a drone.

mavic air doesn't seem anything special at all to me. PLUS - it's minimum $799 - just buy a MP. customer service is secondary. is DJI going to stop being the world police on NFZs? probably not. so, if autel (or anybody else) comes out with a UAV that allows me to fly where i want to fly, safely & legally, then, yes ... DJI is in the rear view mirror.

mavic air doesn't seem anything special at all to me. PLUS - it's minimum $799 - just buy a MP. customer service is secondary. is DJI going to stop being the world police on NFZs? probably not. so, if autel (or anybody else) comes out with a UAV that allows me to fly where i want to fly, safely & legally, then, yes ... DJI is in the rear view mirror.

Special? Mmmmm...I don't know. The protected gimbal, 12m camera with 32m panoramas, gesture control, type C data transfer (no more popping my SD in and out), faster speed, rear obstical avoidance, environment mapping, etc. I don't think some of you were paying attention... I don't think it's better than the Mavic by any stretch, however if it's an indication of what's on the horizon for the Mavic Pro 2, I'm very interested!

My biggest take away from this thread is the fawning some of you were doing over Autel and their new drone but now characterize the Mavic Air as nothing special and denigrate what it has to offer.

Last edited:
if the air had a 1" sensor, i might fawn over it. maybe the MP2 will. probably be some fawning there. if DJI took the attitude of autel that they warn, but allow you to fly ... that would elicit some fawning.

Reactions: ndroll
Special? Mmmmm...I don't know. The protected gimbal, 32m camera, gesture control, type C data transfer (no more popping my SD in and out), faster speed, rear obstical avoidance, environment mapping, etc. I don't think some of you were paying attention... I don't think it's better than the Mavic by any stretch, however if it's an indication of what's on the horizon for the Mavic Pro 2, I'm very interested!

My biggest take away from this thread is the fawning some of you were doing over Autel and their new drone but now characterize the Mavic Air as nothing special and denigrate what it has to offer.
Camera is not 32m LOL.

if the air had a 1" sensor, i might fawn over it. maybe the MP2 will. probably be some fawning there. if DJI took the attitude of autel that they warn, but allow you to fly ... that would elicit some fawning.

I can see that but I am not lying when I say all I've ever gotten from my Mavic is warnings. I've never been restricted from flying wherever I've tried to fly. I swear on my mother's grave. That makes it hard for me to understand the anger and concern some of you have over NFZs in general and DJI specifically.

Sure my Go Pro Karma doesn't have NFZs but it just doesn't fly very well. My 3DR Solo doesn't have NFZs either but again it doesn't fly that well. Ditto my Parrot and Yuneec drones. My Mavic out performs them WITH DJI's restrictions in place. I just don't get it I guess. It just seems like some of you are complaining your Corvette is restricted to 186 mph while praising your Malibu for not being restricted.

Autel Robotics just released a new drone called the EVO. It looks very similar to the Mavic. However, if it can correct the problems found in the Mavic, I would be willing to shift over to the Autel. I have previously owned an Autel X-Star and it was a great product, but it became outdated so I switched over to the Mavic. Now that Autel has caught up to DJI and possibly surpassed it, I am very interested in the new drone.

Here is the video:

Couple questions I would have before switching brands. Can you get into the firmware and make it worth having like with the Mavic Pro? Can the RC be modified so the drone is worth having like the mavic Pro? If not I’ll pass

Couple questions I would have before switching brands. Can you get into the firmware and make it worth having like with the Mavic Pro? Can the RC be modified so the drone is worth having like the mavic Pro? If not I’ll pass

Anything is possible. I'm pretty sure not long after a new high-tech product is launched, someone will find a way to modify it. Just look at the lastest cars, phones, computers, drones, etc., etc.

Reactions: Bad Brad
Anything is possible. I'm pretty sure not long after a new high-tech product is launched, someone will find a way to modify it. Just look at the lastest cars, phones, computers, drones, etc., etc.

There's nothing that can't be hacked and modified. Nothing.

I hate to say it but I think the days the pilot being fully responsible are what are in the rear view mirror.... :(

For me some of the big drawbacks of the MA are the probable difficulty it'll have in strong winds and the fact that its doesn't have the independent OLED screen that the EVO has.

The MA seems to have copied the EVO's computerized obstacle avoidance system but at this point everything depends completely on how well "BOTH" end up performing in real life tests.

Answers to those type of questions may turn out to be yes but unless the EVO captures a large part of the market its doubtful any "worthwhile" jailbreaking is going to happen..

I understand the frustration of those who have NFZ issues. I never have. I'm with you though if another company offers a product that suits you more than DJI get it. Everyone should do the same. That's what drives competition. Autel announces a new drone.. DJI announces a new one too. I'm wondering which one will be on the shelves first? Wondering which one will be sold out? Wondering which one will be the best? If memory serves I have a good idea on the answer to all of those questions. Time will tell.

If DJI took the position of Autel we would still be flying Phantom 3s. Their flagship was released about the same time of the Phantom 3 Pro. They promised new cameras in January 2017... this is almost February 2018. I own an XSP. Very capable bird but I'm pretty upset that they haven't delivered on their promises. How is that great product support and great customer service? Just sayin.

If DJI took the position of Autel we would still be flying Phantom 3s. Their flagship was released about the same time of the Phantom 3 Pro. They promised new cameras in January 2017... this is almost February 2018. I own an XSP. Very capable bird but I'm pretty upset that they haven't delivered on their promises. How is that great product support and great customer service? Just sayin.

That's what I said too... I looked at the Autel really hard but went with the Karma... Not happy. I wouldn't have been any happier with Autel considering my number one reason for buying it would have been the promises of upgrades. For all of Go Pro's faults, they delivered there. You could use the Karma with the Session, Hero 4 Black, Hero 5 Black or the Hero 6. Presumably, if it hadn't failed, it would have worked with the Hero 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost