DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Announcement Jan 23rd

This is another possibility and what I think we might get.
I think Mavic2 will be the Mavic Air.
Adventure Unfolds.

现在是预言时间!Mavic 2会是什么样子_大疆无人机FPV航拍资讯网

And here I have translated it all for you.
Cheers,
Pete J.

After nearly 3 years, DJI launched a major breakthrough in the unmanned aerial vehicle mavic finally updated, Mavic 2 grand debut! Let's take a look at what the next generation of Mavic looks like

Mavic 2 follows the design of the first generation of Mavic, but more stature than the first generation, both inside and outside have carried out a new upgrade. More advanced flight platforms, higher-specification cameras and better endurance make the Mavic 2 still the top-notch consumer-grade folding drone.

Newly upgraded 1-inch camera, four times the area of the first generation Mavic, equipped with an equivalent 28mm lens with adjustable aperture and mirror shutter, dynamic range, color sensitivity, signal to noise ratio and night performance greatly improved, the new D The -Log curve and D-Gamut color space lead to greater post-production space.

FlightAutonomy Mavic 2 system equipped with further upgrades, the new post-binocular vision sensing system that can detect obstacles in the rear of the aircraft in real time, giving before and after the flight safety and security.

A new generation of smart batteries, Mavic can bring up to 35 minutes of flight time, built-in 70W heating system, even in cold weather can play the best performance.

Note: Mavic 2 smart battery is not compatible with the first generation Mavic!

Mavic 2 will be on sale in 2018, the specific time or ask Dajiang good ...

I will still choose the elves 5, after all, you can change lenses ... ...

As for the prophecy will not happen, please wait Mavic 2 officially released.

Believe that when I see it.

There's no mention of a live stream. I'm sure at least one tech company will stream it (or post photos in real-time if streaming is not allowed for some reason).
Remember the Spark live-stream...it was deplorable

Remember the Spark live-stream...it was deplorable
Most likely a bandwidth issue. I have a feeling that DJI may have their own TV Network one of these days. By all means, there should be one of those anyway. With the popularity of the UAS (Drone) industry increasing, its bound to happen. By the end of 2017, drone sales within the industry reached over 1 billion $ last year alone. Sorry, wasn’t trying to be off topic.:)

Funny you say that, because GoPro ramped up for their own network and lost billions

Not made for TV: GoPro's failed media business
They did, but we’re talking about 2 different companies.
DJI has the ability to market better and have way more content regarding all aspects of the media industry and are accomplishing that more and more.
I still believe some type of TV network is on the horizon regarding our beloved hobby and profession regardless if it is DJI.
I would definitely view that TV channel because it’s can get boring sometimes with YT! :eek: Anyone know if there is a regular live stream from a drone network on the enterwebs?:D

Last edited:
I wonder if all those drone releases every 3 months can "cannibalize" theit own market at some point ?

But in any case DJI waited 1 week after GOPRO announced karma to announce the MAVIC in grand fashion... i can see same pattern here again as that AUTEL ROBOTIC Company announced a drone in CES which seems to be a "dangerous" alternative to the MAVIC....and just a week later : BAM ! new drone announced !!

Their marketing is pretty dope i have to admit.

Now if that's a better camera MAVIC, i would not mind replacing my already 15 old months MAVIC and upgrade around june...just before my next italy vacation :)

What do you think? first or second? :)

mavic_air.png

I wonder if all those drone releases every 3 months can "cannibalize" theit own market at some point ?

But in any case DJI waited 1 week after GOPRO announced karma to announce the MAVIC in grand fashion... i can see same pattern here again as that AUTEL ROBOTIC Company announced a drone in CES which seems to be a "dangerous" alternative to the MAVIC....and just a week later : BAM ! new drone announced !!

Their marketing is pretty dope i have to admit.

Now if that's a better camera MAVIC, i would not mind replacing my already 15 old months MAVIC and upgrade around june...just before my next italy vacation :)

The general rule of product cannibalization is you'd rather cannibalize the sales of your own product than let anyone else do it. So there's little risk here to DJI.

Reactions: KONY
I know lots of people will want one.

Place orders.

Be given false delivery information.

Lots of gnashing of teeth, recriminations....

Eventually after quite a few firmware / bug fixes, there might be something decent in 6 months time.

Judging by them showing carbon life forms and talking about the complexity from something so small. I’m guessing something to do with carbon fiber.
Wow, that's really reading a lot into the ad...well done!

Everyone knows it's not fake at this point since DJI posted it in several places ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying