DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Announcement Jan 23rd

It was a little suspect there for a while. DJI did a good job at keeping this one under wraps.

But in any case DJI waited 1 week after GOPRO announced karma to announce the MAVIC in grand fashion... i can see same pattern here again as that AUTEL ROBOTIC Company announced a drone in CES which seems to be a "dangerous" alternative to the MAVIC....and just a week later : BAM ! new drone announced !!

Hey, let’s ask 3DR if they have anything Phantom-like going on... If they do, we should be having the Phantom 5 in a matter of weeks! [emoji23]

Reactions: Former Member
It was a little suspect there for a while. DJI did a good job at keeping this one under wraps.

They always do . It was the same with Inspire 2. I had thought that they would release it, but at the near end of the year, I gave up and went to Yuneec. 2 weeks later:

HEEY!!! DJI UNVEILED INSPIRE 2!

That’s why I made sure not to mess it up again with the MP2.

This is another possibility and what I think we might get.
I think Mavic2 will be the Mavic Air.
Adventure Unfolds.

现在是预言时间!Mavic 2会是什么样子_大疆无人机FPV航拍资讯网

And here I have translated it all for you.
Cheers,
Pete J.

After nearly 3 years, DJI launched a major breakthrough in the unmanned aerial vehicle mavic finally updated, Mavic 2 grand debut! Let's take a look at what the next generation of Mavic looks like

Mavic 2 follows the design of the first generation of Mavic, but more stature than the first generation, both inside and outside have carried out a new upgrade. More advanced flight platforms, higher-specification cameras and better endurance make the Mavic 2 still the top-notch consumer-grade folding drone.

Newly upgraded 1-inch camera, four times the area of the first generation Mavic, equipped with an equivalent 28mm lens with adjustable aperture and mirror shutter, dynamic range, color sensitivity, signal to noise ratio and night performance greatly improved, the new D The -Log curve and D-Gamut color space lead to greater post-production space.

FlightAutonomy Mavic 2 system equipped with further upgrades, the new post-binocular vision sensing system that can detect obstacles in the rear of the aircraft in real time, giving before and after the flight safety and security.

A new generation of smart batteries, Mavic can bring up to 35 minutes of flight time, built-in 70W heating system, even in cold weather can play the best performance.

Note: Mavic 2 smart battery is not compatible with the first generation Mavic!

Mavic 2 will be on sale in 2018, the specific time or ask Dajiang good ...

I will still choose the elves 5, after all, you can change lenses ... ...

As for the prophecy will not happen, please wait Mavic 2 officially released.

If this is real (and in case of the leaked factory pictures of the DJI Inspire, it was)
this is THE drone that i had been waiting for!!!

- 1 inch sensor
- forward / backward downward OA
- heating system
- aaaand still compact and foldable!

AWESOME!

So Jan 23rd?..... Glad I purchased the MPP a few months ago. This no doubt will be an amazing bit of tech, but the ETA for shipping will be around 3yrs from now, plus iron out the bugs, and the Platinum should be ready for an upgrade by then. :)

Reactions: AIRJORGE
About that post from early December talking about the small drone that apparently came true with Tello...and Mavic Air.

What if the small flip drone is exactly the Mavic Air (maybe with fixed wings) and the Adventure Unfolds second drone is finally the Mavic Pro 2 as Tello is not exactly a DJI product?

mavic%20air.jpg

Screenshot%202018-01-18%2018.40.37.png

Screenshot%202018-01-18%2018.42.48.png

footage taken from video, what do you think?
- gimbal similar to spark?

Last edited:
What about if the new drone is really a UFO with anti-gravitational technology that DJI found, cloned and mass-produced? :p

Reactions: Dw911
Oh no! This thought just crossed my mind about the Unboxing videos to come?:eek: Wow, that was scary!

Last edited:
What about if the new drone is really a UFO with anti-gravitational technology that DJI found, cloned and mass-produced? :p

Unlikely, although if your never heard from again and your avatar is replaced with bits of a weather balloon, we'll know you were on to something :D

This is what someone had posted on the dji forum. I like the commentary:

It's a Mavic Air ( www.dji.com/mavic-air),
Weather resistant (because of all the weather condisions in the video),
Foldable (video at 0:21),
Easy to carry (Ants at 0:23),
Better camera with biger sensor/zoom (the eye at 0:26),
New slim design (0:35)

This is what someone had posted on the dji forum. I like the commentary:

It's a Mavic Air ( www.dji.com/mavic-air),
Weather resistant (because of all the weather condisions in the video),
Foldable (video at 0:21),
Easy to carry (Ants at 0:23),
Better camera with biger sensor/zoom (the eye at 0:26),
New slim design (0:35)
Makes sense to me but the question is will dji announce more than one drone, the Mavic 2 maybe ???

Makes sense to me but the question is will dji announce more than one drone, the Mavic 2 maybe ???
Maybe the small and flip drone is not the Tello (not completly DJI product) and it's the Mavic Air, Mavic 2 could maybe came out. Not sure it will be already announced. I really hope that because I am not so sure i will find a smaller drone usefull to my needs, a selfie drone or a racing drone would be useless for me.

Maybe the small and flip drone is not the Tello (not completly DJI product) and it's the Mavic Air, Mavic 2 could maybe came out. Not sure it will be already announced. I really hope that because I am not so sure i will find a smaller drone usefull to my needs, a selfie drone or a racing drone would be useless for me.
As a Mavic owner with 190+ flights, I am ready to purchase a new drone only if it offers significantly better features which the platinum version failed to do.
I am sure this is the feeling of many MP owners. I think if dji produces such a drone then they will successfully gain more profit than what they gained from the Mavic.

Reactions: JoostGT3
I was the one who got that info from a DJI employee early December. I’m heading in there tomorrow and will ask the guy if the “flip drone” is the Tello.
Who knows, maybe he’ll spill the beans and show me what’s in the box behind the counter?

Reactions: #28
Looking at the silhouette I’m not seeing any defined lines indicating a top mounted battery. Could we expect the battery to be bottom mounted and prone to falling out of the sky like the Spark?

Lol
little humor for us drone pilots while we wait for dji announcement :D

Attachments

• drone pilot.JPG
    drone pilot.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 76
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads