DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Flight Simulator

Been so waiting for a decent drone simulator for the mavic pro for such a long time. Now that Microsoft has teamed up with DJI, all of us Mavic Pro owners with PCs with Windows 7 are just SOL

If you want it, you have to buy Microsoft's Windows 10, that is if your machine can handle the processing, and buy a different DJI drone than your mavic pro. So sad for all of us first gen mavic users, but the strategy it seems is to increase software and hardware sales for MS and DJI if you want this.

Reactions: Luis Frade
So after running the dji_usb_5512_64_108 file in the sim directory, My mavic pro 1 controller now works with flight sim.Windows gives no recognition that anything is plugged in, but the sim recognises it. Well, the joysticks and gimbal controls work, none of other buttons, so still need keyboard shortcuts to change view, return to home etc, and I haven't figures out how to engage sport mode, but can still fly.

Works fairly smoothly on a 3yr old i5 with 2GB 950m graphics. I find flying with the VLOS view horrible, loose sight of drone quickly. Just like in real life! So I prefer the gimbal view, reminds me of wearing goggles!

So DJI go only works on android and iOS yet they decide to bring this out on windows. Not that I'm complaining as I have windows. I'm just annoyed that they cant bring out DJI go to windows so that I can use my surface tablet, but they can make a simulator?

DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

Here's the download site:
www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:

I have downloaded the file and loaded up on my Windows 10 laptop and I get the following error(s) when I open it: "Verifying Loader Version" then "NETWORK ERROR: ERROR - 008_008 (000/0263)" ABORT RETRY.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but get the same error.

Help!

I got everything downloaded to include the Mavic air remote and after a lot of trials it all works great! UNTIL: After running 7-10 minutes the computer shuts down and I have to re-boot. Upon re-booting it states that the computer shut down due to a thermal issue. I have a high end HP envy with an I7 processor, 16GB ram, nvidia geforce card and beats audio. I have never had a thermal problem before with quite heavy loads on the machine with never a problem until now. Is this that intensive in it"s processing needs?

my i5 shuts down when rendering with resolve due to thermal issues. So I have it on a cooling pad with large diameter fans, which solved the problem.
Simulator runs well, can hear all the fans turning to high speed, but have the cooling pad too and have had no shutdown issues

Weird that supported aircraft includes the Mavic Pro but the Mavic Pro controller is not supported. I have tried everything including detailed instructions (see below) that I found with a youtube video showing the Mavic Pro controller being used with the simulator. I have spent a lot of time trying to get the Mavic Pro controller to work:-

So... what you need to do is following:
1.) Download and install DJI Assistant 2
2.) Download and install the DJI Simulator
3.) Deactivate Driver Signature Checking in Windows because the DJI drivers for the Remote are not properly signed so Windows 10 is denying the Installation of needed drivers: So hold SHIFT. Then RIGHT-klick on the Windows Symbol in the TaskBar in the lower left corner. klick on "Shutdown and Log Out" and "Restart" . Now slect "Troubleshoot" and "Advanced Options" and "Startup Settings" and then Click on "Restart" . In the following Menu is showing 9 Startup Options from which you can chose! .You need to chose the option "Disable driver signature enforcement" by pressing "7" on your keyboard. Now Windows is starting without Driver Signature checking. This is only temoporary till the next normal reboot. So, after selecting "7" windows is booting up without dirver signature checking.
4.) Install Drivers: Now connect your supported DJI Remote over USB to your computer. Go into the "Device Manager" of Windows. There you will see one or two new devices with a yellow triangle listed. For me it showed "CDC ACM DATA" as a new device. Right klick on it. Select "Update Driver" and Select the Driver Folder which is located in the "DJI Assistant" Folder where you installed "DJI Assistant". Click on "include all Subfolders" and click on next. Now you will be asked if you really want to install the appropriate drivers. Klick on YES and the drivers will be installed. Now start the Simulator and test if the Remote is working properly.
It should. That is what I have done to get my Mavic Air Remote Working with the simulator
Thanks for this step-by-step procedure. Is this a one time install or will I need to do this everytime
Weird that supported aircraft includes the Mavic Pro but the Mavic Pro controller is not supported. I have tried everything including detailed instructions (see below) that I found with a youtube video showing the Mavic Pro controller being used with the simulator. I have spent a lot of time trying to get the Mavic Pro controller to work:-

So... what you need to do is following:
1.) Download and install DJI Assistant 2
2.) Download and install the DJI Simulator
3.) Deactivate Driver Signature Checking in Windows because the DJI drivers for the Remote are not properly signed so Windows 10 is denying the Installation of needed drivers: So hold SHIFT. Then RIGHT-klick on the Windows Symbol in the TaskBar in the lower left corner. klick on "Shutdown and Log Out" and "Restart" . Now slect "Troubleshoot" and "Advanced Options" and "Startup Settings" and then Click on "Restart" . In the following Menu is showing 9 Startup Options from which you can chose! .You need to chose the option "Disable driver signature enforcement" by pressing "7" on your keyboard. Now Windows is starting without Driver Signature checking. This is only temoporary till the next normal reboot. So, after selecting "7" windows is booting up without dirver signature checking.
4.) Install Drivers: Now connect your supported DJI Remote over USB to your computer. Go into the "Device Manager" of Windows. There you will see one or two new devices with a yellow triangle listed. For me it showed "CDC ACM DATA" as a new device. Right klick on it. Select "Update Driver" and Select the Driver Folder which is located in the "DJI Assistant" Folder where you installed "DJI Assistant". Click on "include all Subfolders" and click on next. Now you will be asked if you really want to install the appropriate drivers. Klick on YES and the drivers will be installed. Now start the Simulator and test if the Remote is working properly.
It should. That is what I have done to get my Mavic Air Remote Working with the simulator
Thanks for this step-by-step procedure, which I followed and did get the drivers to load. Clicking on the simulator with the Mavic Air controller plugged in and turned on it comes to a page with a big Install button and there is another place that says already installed. So I click on the latter and it asks to select the folder for the simulator so I highlight that, click ok and get the attached File Error.

Attachments

• File Error.jpg
    File Error.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for this step-by-step procedure. Is this a one time install or will I need to do this everytime

Thanks for this step-by-step procedure, which I followed and did get the drivers to load. Clicking on the simulator with the Mavic Air controller plugged in and turned on it comes to a page with a big Install button and there is another place that says already installed. So I click on the latter and it asks to select the folder for the simulator so I highlight that, click ok and get the attached File Error.

Did it do the big download of about 3GB of data? If not I suggest uninstalling the app and starting over. For me, it didn't work until I changed the Installation location to C:\DFS

Not working for Mavic Air. After I started it, it did not allow to switch to any other application via standard ALT- TAB. You have to kill it by ALT -F4. The controller keeps charged and the Control Panel tells : Missing driver for C2 device. hmmm… Windows 10 OS.
Dissappointed, uninstalled...

Last edited:
Install it as Admin... it will work....... read back to the post where I said this,,,,,

Not working for Mavic Air. After I started it, it did not allow to switch to any other application via standard ALT- TAB. You have to kill it by ALT -F4. The controller keeps charged and the Control Panel tells : Missing driver for C2 device. hmmm… Windows 10 OS.
Dissappointed, uninstalled...

Did you check out the method demonstrated in the video shown in post #60 of this thread to get the correct device drivers loaded? Also, ALT-TAB and ALT-F4 both work fine for me. Or once you get the device drivers loaded, you can use the RC to navigate the menu and exit out of it.

I've just posted a new video showing a much easier method of getting the Mavic Air RC to work with the DJI Simulator. It also makes the RC work with DJI Assistant 2. I've read that some people say this method also makes it so that the Mavic Pro RC partially works. However, I don't have a Mavic Pro to be able to test it out.

Is the "Free trial" version somehow limited by time (or other way) or it just doesn't have some of the features present in the paid version?

Been so waiting for a decent drone simulator for the mavic pro for such a long time. Now that Microsoft has teamed up with DJI, all of us Mavic Pro owners with PCs with Windows 7 are just SOL

Installs fine on Windows 7 although program is very hungry on resources. Have not noticed anything unusual on my system i7, 24GB and GTX750Ti, but have been unable to fly so far. Still looking around on combining partially supported Mavic pro RC with keyboard and/or mouse.
Any ideas anyone?

Installs fine on Windows 7 although program is very hungry on resources. Have not noticed anything unusual on my system i7, 24GB and GTX750Ti, but have been unable to fly so far. Still looking around on combining partially supported Mavic pro RC with keyboard and/or mouse.
Any ideas anyone?

Did you run the USB related executable file in the Installation folder as mentioned in a previous post on this thread? That should at least get the drone flying (then try pushing the sticks up and outwards - the opposite of what is normally done to start the motors).

I have the Mavic Pro controller and the best I could get was to choose the Mavic 2 controller (or might have been the Air - can't remember) in Setup which at least got the sticks to work as per normal. But you can't change views which was a show stopper for me. I think the best approach for anyone interested in pursuing the "Mavic Pro Controller support" issue would be to keep hitting on DJI via Twitter or Facebook.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga