DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI FPV drone on the way!

i didnt say that the panic button is useless
but for a beginner is not much, not from the point of learning but from the point of the chances to crash it
i think that you will crrash it dozens times before learning fpv flying
i dont think the panic button may save you always
and i think dji knows that too, otherwise they would never have released the fpv simulator
I could see it saving a beginner not from an imminent crash, but rather from panic itself which might very well lead to a crash. If nothing else it could act as an effective placebo giving the necessary illusion of security to boost confidence and avoid panic altogether.

Reactions: rehkram and Kilrah
i didnt say that the panic button is useless
but for a beginner is not much, not from the point of learning but from the point of the chances to crash it
i think that you will crrash it dozens times before learning fpv flying
i dont think the panic button may save you always
and i think dji knows that too, otherwise they would never have released the fpv simulator
You want people to learn? Have them start out flying the original Phantom. Better yet go back 35 years when I started flying RC Helicopters and all we had was a mechanical gyro Lol

I could see it saving a beginner not from an imminent crash, but rather from panic itself which might very well lead to a crash. If nothing else it could act as an effective placebo giving the necessary illusion of security to boost confidence and avoid panic altogether.
you are right, you may feel more confident and that will help you
but in the end things with fpv learning are simple
you have to crash a lot

and i think you will destroy the drone before you will learn how to fly fpv

dont get me wrong, the panic button and the attitude mode in manual are very nice features
but there is still a distance to cover before you can fly in fpv mode in safe conditions
and with this drone you dont need many crashes to destroy it

Last edited:
There are a lot of ways to fly FPV, not everyone is after the most hardcore freestyle and competition level racing. This is definitely not for those who do, but many others will find their fun with it.

With the enormous marketing hype & various questions like "-should I buy a Mavic Air 2 or the new DJI FPV"... it's clear that a lot will shell out without knowing ... & think they can rely on that the OD sensors or some panic button will keep them out of trouble.

... and after the crash discover that

It's nothing more effective than a simulator ... it's actually pure fun & after 30h there, both the muscle memory regarding the different stick handling & confidence is ready for real flights.

you are right, you may feel more confident and that will help you
but in the end things with fpv learning are simple
you have to crash a lot

and i think you will destroy the drone before you will learn how to fly fpv

dont get me wrong, the panic button and the attitude mode in manual are very nice features
but there is still a distance to cover before you can fly in fpv mode in safe conditions
and with this drone you dont need many crashes to destroy it
I plan to mainly fly in the assisted modes, at least to start with. I plan on putting a lot of time into the simulator before going full manual - I'm mainly after FPV style cinematic visuals more than tricks and stunts. I'm certain I will crash it, but it is repairable to a certain extent, and from all the Youtube videos I've seen it seems to be able to take quite a beating.

Still, I am considering actually buying that DJI insurance, though doing the math on their replacement cost via that service it works out to about a $300 discount off of your first replacement drone and $500 off the second, so I might just take my chances and eat the $700 if I do break it beyond repair.

Anybody aware of any issue with registering the unit? My mate received his yesterday and has so far not been able to activate it... Says a pop-up should come up in the app which you have to press and then you’re ready, only the pop-up doesn’t appear...

Anxiously awaiting my FPV, which should arrive in the afternoon! (Guess who took the afternoon off from work? ?)

Make sure he's updated the app to 1.3.0 (need to get it from DJI if you're on android, in the play store it's the old 1.2.1)

Did the same on Tuesday ?
Thanks! I heard it worked in the end, just had to try one thousand times. Reminds me of the updating process for the Smart Controller :eek:

And good to hear (that you took the afternoon off as well)... thought I was the only one who's frantically refreshing the UPS track and trace page to see if it is delivered yet!

just ordered , lets see how long it takes to get .
AWESOME!!!! Lots of strength for the waiting process!
My FPV combo should arrive today, as I ordered it from a local shop. The Fly More package and Motion Controller I ordered directly from DJI, we'll see how long that takes!

Reactions: Eugenious99
My accessories from DJI should arrive on Monday...
My order hasn't even shipped : (.... They are telling me 1-3 days

Reactions: JoostGT3
My accessories from DJI should arrive on Monday...
You bucky lastard! ? Guess you ordered Tuesday, right? I ordered last night (Wednesday evening), so hopefully Tuesday/Wednesday!

AWESOME!!!! Lots of strength for the waiting process!
My FPV combo should arrive today, as I ordered it from a local shop. The Fly More package and Motion Controller I ordered directly from DJI, we'll see how long that takes!
got email confirmation , will be at home on tuesday march 9

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian